Stumped: ld: fatal: Symbol referencing errors. No output writtento myfile.o

Sharron

This problem has me completely stumped...everyone on the net seems to
have this problem but I don't understand what they are talking about. I
know my code is correct it compiles fine but when I try to create an
executable "CC -o myfile.o myfile.cc" it produces the following error

Undefined first referenced
symbol in file
myClass::myClass (int, int, int) myfile.o
ld: fatal: Symbol referencing errors. No output written to myfile.o

I tried it in Visual C++ 6.0 and it produced some sort of linker error
but I changed my project type to win32 console appliation and it works
fine with Visual C++ 6.0...

Thomas Matthews

Sharron said:
This problem has me completely stumped...everyone on the net seems to
have this problem but I don't understand what they are talking about. I
know my code is correct it compiles fine but when I try to create an
executable "CC -o myfile.o myfile.cc" it produces the following error

Undefined first referenced
symbol in file
myClass::myClass (int, int, int) myfile.o
ld: fatal: Symbol referencing errors. No output written to myfile.o

I tried it in Visual C++ 6.0 and it produced some sort of linker error
but I changed my project type to win32 console appliation and it works
fine with Visual C++ 6.0...

Please move to the right a little so I can see your program.
Now open up a shell window.
Ahh, I see the problem, line #42.

If you would like more detailed help, please post the
minimal program that duplicates the problem. Include
in your post the actual behavor and expected behavior.
Also include any dialogs with compilers and other tools.

--
Thomas Matthews

C++ newsgroup welcome message:
http://www.slack.net/~shiva/welcome.txt