    --
    Dirk

    http://www.neopax.com/technomage/ - My new book - Magick and Technology
    Dirk Bruere at NeoPax, Feb 28, 2011

  2. Dirk Bruere at NeoPax

    Stefan Ram Guest

    Dirk Bruere at NeoPax <> writes:
    >I enter a debugging session, but I don't know how to get out of it.
    >The only options I can see are suspend and resume???

    Do you want to change the perspective back from the
    debug perspective to the Java perspective?
    Stefan Ram, Feb 28, 2011

  3. On 28/02/2011 18:05, Stefan Ram wrote:
    > Dirk Bruere at NeoPax<> writes:
    >> I enter a debugging session, but I don't know how to get out of it.
    >> The only options I can see are suspend and resume???

    > Do you want to change the perspective back from the
    > debug perspective to the Java perspective?

    I want to get out of debug and just run the program again.
    The only way I can do that at present is to kill the emulator and do a
    new build. Changing perspectives is not a problem.

    Dirk Bruere at NeoPax, Feb 28, 2011
  4. Dirk Bruere at NeoPax

    Stefan Ram Guest

    Stefan Ram, Feb 28, 2011
  5. On 28.02.2011 20:05, Stefan Ram wrote:
    > Dirk Bruere at NeoPax <> writes:
    >> I want to get out of debug and just run the program again.
    >> The only way I can do that at present is to kill the emulator and do a
    >> new build. Changing perspectives is not a problem.

    > IIRC, Eclipse has a button with a red square to stop a process.
    >
    > http://www.my28msec.com/images/support/get_started_eclipse/run_project8.png
    >
    > The red button in the debug perspective:
    >
    > http://musarra.files.wordpress.com/2011/02/kettledummyplugineclipsedebug_b.png

    But be sure to first choose "ApplicationName [Android Application]" item
    in the debug window. If you choose anything else, the red button will be
    disabled.
    Screamin Lord Byron, Feb 28, 2011
  6. On 28/02/2011 19:26, Screamin Lord Byron wrote:
    > On 28.02.2011 20:05, Stefan Ram wrote:
    >> Dirk Bruere at NeoPax<> writes:
    >>> I want to get out of debug and just run the program again.
    >>> The only way I can do that at present is to kill the emulator and do a
    >>> new build. Changing perspectives is not a problem.

    >> IIRC, Eclipse has a button with a red square to stop a process.
    >>
    >> http://www.my28msec.com/images/support/get_started_eclipse/run_project8.png
    >>
    >> The red button in the debug perspective:
    >>
    >> http://musarra.files.wordpress.com/2011/02/kettledummyplugineclipsedebug_b.png

    > But be sure to first choose "ApplicationName [Android Application]" item
    > in the debug window. If you choose anything else, the red button will be
    > disabled.

    Thanks all.
    I've got a red zigzag saying "Disconnect" that seems to work

    Dirk Bruere at NeoPax, Feb 28, 2011
  7. On 28/02/2011 21:14, Dirk Bruere at NeoPax allegedly wrote:
    > On 28/02/2011 19:26, Screamin Lord Byron wrote:
    >>>
    >>> IIRC, Eclipse has a button with a red square to stop a process.
    >>>
    >>> http://www.my28msec.com/images/support/get_started_eclipse/run_project8.png
    >>>

    >>> The red button in the debug perspective:
    >>>
    >>> http://musarra.files.wordpress.com/2011/02/kettledummyplugineclipsedebug_b.png
    >>>

    >> But be sure to first choose "ApplicationName [Android Application]" item
    >> in the debug window. If you choose anything else, the red button will be
    >> disabled.

    > Thanks all.
    > I've got a red zigzag saying "Disconnect" that seems to work

    Please don't tell me you pressed the red button.

    Oh shi-
    Daniele Futtorovic, Feb 28, 2011
  8. On 28/02/2011 20:29, Daniele Futtorovic wrote:
    > On 28/02/2011 21:14, Dirk Bruere at NeoPax allegedly wrote:

    >>> But be sure to first choose "ApplicationName [Android Application]" item
    >>> in the debug window. If you choose anything else, the red button will be
    >>> disabled.

    >> Thanks all.
    >> I've got a red zigzag saying "Disconnect" that seems to work
    >>

    > Please don't tell me you pressed the red button.
    >
    > Oh shi-

    The one that said "Do Not Press"?
    Er... no.
    Of course not.

    Dirk Bruere at NeoPax, Feb 28, 2011
  9. Dirk Bruere at NeoPax

    Stefan Ram Guest

    Dirk Bruere at NeoPax <> writes:
    >On 28/02/2011 20:29, Daniele Futtorovic wrote:
    >> Please don't tell me you pressed the red button.

    >The one that said "Do Not Press"?

    »You acknowledge that Licensed Software is not designed
    or intended for use in the design, construction,
    operation or maintenance of any nuclear facility.«

    http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.4.2/j2re-1_4_2_02-license.html
    Stefan Ram, Feb 28, 2011
  10. On 28/02/2011 20:42, Stefan Ram wrote:
    > Dirk Bruere at NeoPax<> writes:
    >> On 28/02/2011 20:29, Daniele Futtorovic wrote:
    >>> Please don't tell me you pressed the red button.

    >> The one that said "Do Not Press"?

    > »You acknowledge that Licensed Software is not designed
    > or intended for use in the design, construction,
    > operation or maintenance of any nuclear facility.«
    >
    > http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.4.2/j2re-1_4_2_02-license.html

    Shit.
    Back to Basic for my home nuke then.

    Dirk Bruere at NeoPax, Feb 28, 2011
  11. Dirk Bruere at NeoPax

    Lew Guest

    On Feb 28, 3:50 pm, Dirk Bruere at NeoPax <>
    wrote:
    > On 28/02/2011 20:42, Stefan Ram wrote:
    >
    > > Dirk Bruere at NeoPax<>  writes:
    > >> The one that said "Do Not Press"?

    > >         You acknowledge that Licensed Software is not designed
    > >        or intended for use in the design, construction,
    > >        operation or maintenance of any nuclear facility.

    > >http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.4.2/j2re-1_4_2_02-license.html

    > Shit.
    > Back to Basic for my home nuke then.

    Seriously, you're citing the Java 1.4 license? Who uses Java 1.4?

    Java 6 has the same restriction if you use Oracle's version.

    The question is harder to answer for OpenJDK. The Sun binary license
    for OpenJDK has the no-nukes clause but the GPL does not. The binary
    license does not mention Oracle.

    --
    Lew
    Lew, Feb 28, 2011
  12. On 28/02/2011 21:37, Lew wrote:
    > On Feb 28, 3:50 pm, Dirk Bruere at NeoPax<>
    > wrote:

    >>> You acknowledge that Licensed Software is not designed
    >>> or intended for use in the design, construction,
    >>> operation or maintenance of any nuclear facility.

    >>> http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.4.2/j2re-1_4_2_02-license.html

    >> Shit.
    >> Back to Basic for my home nuke then.
    >>

    > Seriously, you're citing the Java 1.4 license? Who uses Java 1.4?
    >
    > Java 6 has the same restriction if you use Oracle's version.
    >
    > The question is harder to answer for OpenJDK. The Sun binary license
    > for OpenJDK has the no-nukes clause but the GPL does not. The binary
    > license does not mention Oracle.
    >
    > --
    > Lew

    I once used 1.1.6

    Dirk Bruere at NeoPax, Mar 1, 2011
  13. Dirk Bruere at NeoPax

    Lew Guest

    Dirk Bruere at NeoPax wrote:
    > Lew wrote:
    >> Seriously, you're citing the Java 1.4 license? Who uses Java 1.4?
    >> . . .
    >> --
    >> Lew

    Don't quote sigs.

    > I once used 1.1.6

    I once used FORTRAN IV. So?

    --
    Lew
    Honi soit qui mal y pense.
    Lew, Mar 1, 2011
  14. On 01/03/2011 10:13, Lew wrote:
    > Dirk Bruere at NeoPax wrote:
    >> Lew wrote:
    >>> Seriously, you're citing the Java 1.4 license? Who uses Java 1.4?
    >>> . . .
    >>> --
    >>> Lew

    > Don't quote sigs.

    My sig is worth quoting

    >> I once used 1.1.6
    >>

    > I once used FORTRAN IV. So?

    So, a bit of a step down for you then, after Fortran...

    Dirk Bruere at NeoPax, Mar 1, 2011
  15. Dirk Bruere at NeoPax

    Tom Anderson Guest

    On Mon, 28 Feb 2011, Lew wrote:

    > On Feb 28, 3:50 pm, Dirk Bruere at NeoPax <>
    > wrote:

    >>>         You acknowledge that Licensed Software is not designed
    >>>        or intended for use in the design, construction,
    >>>        operation or maintenance of any nuclear facility.

    >> Shit. Back to Basic for my home nuke then.

    > Java 6 has the same restriction if you use Oracle's version.
    >
    > The question is harder to answer for OpenJDK. The Sun binary license
    > for OpenJDK has the no-nukes clause but the GPL does not.

    No, but if you do use it to build nukes, you have to give them to
    everybody.

    tom

    --
    Sometimes it takes a madman like Iggy Pop before you can SEE the logic
    really working.
    Tom Anderson, Mar 1, 2011
  16. Dirk Bruere at NeoPax

    Lew Guest

    On 03/01/2011 05:01 PM, Tom Anderson wrote:
    > On Mon, 28 Feb 2011, Lew wrote:
    >
    >> On Feb 28, 3:50 pm, Dirk Bruere at NeoPax <>
    >> wrote:

    >>> Shit. Back to Basic for my home nuke then.

    >> Java 6 has the same restriction if you use Oracle's version.
    >>
    >> The question is harder to answer for OpenJDK. The Sun binary license for
    >> OpenJDK has the no-nukes clause but the GPL does not.

    > No, but if you do use it to build nukes, you have to give them to everybody.

    Not really. You just have to give the source code with them and let them
    modify it. There's nothing in the GPL that forces you to give your nukes, and
    thus your source code, to anyone, or to do so free of charge.

    For those who might wonder, by the casual term "nuke" I mean nuclear power
    plant, of course.

    Although - the wording is tricky. They say "nuclear facility". That could
    include cancer treatment centers, X-ray device factories, particle
    accelerators, science laboratories, uranium mines, and Acme Cloud Chamber Co.

    But wait - isn't all matter ultimately nuclear - I mean, just because no one
    has a good TOE doesn't mean there is no unifying principle. That would mean
    absolutely everything is a nuclear facility and Java isn't good for anything.

    Certainly the modern computer, using FETs and the like, is itself a nuclear
    facility, so it's clear that whatever else you might say, Java is not intended
    for use in Java development.

    --
    Lew
    Honi soit qui mal y pense.
    Lew, Mar 2, 2011
  17. Dirk Bruere at NeoPax

    Arne Vajhøj Guest

    On 28-02-2011 16:37, Lew wrote:
    > On Feb 28, 3:50 pm, Dirk Bruere at NeoPax<>
    > wrote:

    >>> You acknowledge that Licensed Software is not designed
    >>> or intended for use in the design, construction,
    >>> operation or maintenance of any nuclear facility.

    >>> http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.4.2/j2re-1_4_2_02-license.html

    >> Shit.
    >> Back to Basic for my home nuke then.
    >>

    > Seriously, you're citing the Java 1.4 license? Who uses Java 1.4?
    >
    > Java 6 has the same restriction if you use Oracle's version.
    >
    > The question is harder to answer for OpenJDK. The Sun binary license
    > for OpenJDK has the no-nukes clause but the GPL does not. The binary
    > license does not mention Oracle.

    I don't think they can have the clause for OpenJDK.

    From the definition of open source:
    http://www.opensource.org/docs/osd

    "The license must not restrict anyone from making use of the program in
    a specific field of endeavor."

    I think that makes an exclude for nuclear-power-plants incompatible.

    Arne
    Arne Vajhøj, Mar 2, 2011