stupid little problem.. someone help please

Some Gei

Ok I give up.

Someone please take a look at www.waggr.com

and scroll down to the very bottom. Notice how underneat the copyright
message there are two letters... "gh"... could someone please explain to me
why they are there???

This only appears in ie for some reason. Is this an IE bug?

mbstevens

Ok I give up.

Someone please take a look at www.waggr.com

and scroll down to the very bottom. Notice how underneat the copyright
message there are two letters... "gh"... could someone please explain to
me why they are there???

This only appears in ie for some reason. Is this an IE bug?

Doesn't show up in Konqueror, and it validates like a champ, both markup and
CSS.

I notice the last two letters of your name after the copyright notice end
with 'gh'. If they're somehow getting displayed wrong in Explorer it is
not likely something *you've* done wrong. Whether you fix it for Explorer
depends on your attitude toward hacks and workarounds.

Some Gei

mbstevens said:
Doesn't show up in Konqueror, and it validates like a champ, both markup
and
CSS.

I notice the last two letters of your name after the copyright notice end
with 'gh'. If they're somehow getting displayed wrong in Explorer it is
not likely something *you've* done wrong. Whether you fix it for Explorer
depends on your attitude toward hacks and workarounds.

Thanks mbstevens..

Yeah whatever last two characters are in that paragraph end up getting
repeated on the next line. This bug only shows up in IE. One workaround I
tried was putting two non-breaking spaces after my name, which does work...
but I don't really like that solution...

Some Gei

Some Gei said:
Thanks mbstevens..

Yeah whatever last two characters are in that paragraph end up getting
repeated on the next line. This bug only shows up in IE. One workaround I
tried was putting two non-breaking spaces after my name, which does
work... but I don't really like that solution...

to build on this.... i never use to be one of those anti-IE people... but I
feel like I am starting to become one...

mbstevens

Some said:
to build on this.... i never use to be one of those anti-IE people... but
I feel like I am starting to become one...
I could live with those little display problems in Explorer. But once last
year I went over to my Windows partition and online with Explorer for a few
minutes and got a virus that made my machine reboot whenever I went online
again. I fixed the virus, but made a resolution never to let IE or XP play
on the net again. It's like letting a very attractive and stupid dog play
in the street. It'll either get run over or stolen.

mscir

Ok I give up.

Someone please take a look at www.waggr.com

and scroll down to the very bottom. Notice how underneat the copyright
message there are two letters... "gh"... could someone please explain to me
why they are there???

This only appears in ie for some reason. Is this an IE bug?

Try removing this comment, this worked on my IE6:

<!-- InstanceBeginEditable name="Main.region" -->

and just a note: you reference the css file twice in the head section,
and you might want to consolidate the #footer css for readability.

Mike

mscir

Ok I give up. Someone please take a look at www.waggr.com

mscir said:
Try removing this comment, this worked on my IE6:

<!-- InstanceBeginEditable name="Main.region" -->

note: you reference the css file twice in the head section.

Mike

Thanks, I fixed the css references.

I can't really remove that comment because Dreamweaver puts them in
automatically to manage templates.

I gave up and just put two non-breaking spaces after the last paragraph,
that way at least IE only repeats two blank spaces.

mbstevens

Some said:
I can't really remove that comment because Dreamweaver puts them in
automatically to manage templates.

<chuckle><snarf>
There was a recent thread about dreamweaver vs hand coding wherein
I wish your problem had been available for all to see. Technically, this is
IE's fault, but if you had been doing hand coding, not only would you be
able to remove the comment if you wanted to -- it would never have been put
into the doc the first place to entertain/frustrate all these good people.

mscir

Some Gei wrote:

I can't really remove that comment because Dreamweaver puts them in
automatically to manage templates.

Use a simple text editor like notepad to clean things up before
publishing the site?

Jim Higson

Ok I give up.

Someone please take a look at www.waggr.com

and scroll down to the very bottom. Notice how underneat the copyright
message there are two letters... "gh"... could someone please explain to
me why they are there???

This only appears in ie for some reason. Is this an IE bug?

Just a note about the site. When you say "Best viewed in Mozilla Firefox." -
why FireFox? It'd render just the same in normal Mozilla, since it's the
same renderer.

And then there are other standards complient renderers like KHTML (which
Konqueror and Safari use) which render the pages just as well.

Maybe "Best viewed not in IE" is better :)