Style vs. substance.

Ben C

Well coitainly, dash and nerve will save the day sometimes, but isn't
it more likely that education and experience shall better serve?
That's only logical, and to consider reasonableness fuddy-duddiness is
surely a sign of erroneous thinking on the part of the boo-booer.

Your logic is based on a false premise. When it comes to IT (which is
quick to learn) people with decades of experience who are idiots occur
with a frequency roughly equal to that of people with none but who are
able to pick things up in a few months.

dorayme

Neredbojias said:
I'm not saying that
enthusiasm will _never_ work, just that it's less dependable than a more
calculated and erudite approach. This is or at least should be self-
evident, like not whizzing into the wind.

You are talking dependable, you are talking certainty over a bit
of adventurousness, you are cartooning everything in a direction
that shows an ingrained fuddy duddy mindset. Loosen up there Boji.

dorayme

Ben C said:
Your logic is based on a false premise. When it comes to IT (which is
quick to learn) people with decades of experience who are idiots occur
with a frequency roughly equal to that of people with none but who are
able to pick things up in a few months.

It never ceases to amaze me what talent some upstarts naturally
show, quite sobering in fact in many different fields. These are
often the people that would simply give the game away if they
went the 'study thoroughly and when fully qualified, only then,
gingerly step out in a modest manner to the commercial world etc"

Neredbojias

Your logic is based on a false premise. When it comes to IT (which is
quick to learn) people with decades of experience who are idiots occur
with a frequency roughly equal to that of people with none but who are
able to pick things up in a few months.

-The false premise being that educated people are usually more productive
than less-educated people? -In any field? I don't think so...

Neredbojias

You are talking dependable, you are talking certainty over a bit
of adventurousness, you are cartooning everything in a direction
that shows an ingrained fuddy duddy mindset. Loosen up there Boji.

I am loose. Only get tight on Friday nights...

dorayme

Neredbojias said:
-The false premise being that educated people are usually more productive
than less-educated people? -In any field? I don't think so...

"The" false premise? Is this some premise you have found in
Fuddyduddyland in some corner where all the falsehoods are kept?
Perhaps this one sneaked in there under false pretences because
it is cosier? Perhaps Roger Rabbit was entertaining in there, the
only little den with a bit of spirit in it. You see, in
Fuddyduddyland, the truth is less important than the general
ambience.

Neredbojias

"The" false premise? Is this some premise you have found in
Fuddyduddyland in some corner where all the falsehoods are kept?
Perhaps this one sneaked in there under false pretences because
it is cosier? Perhaps Roger Rabbit was entertaining in there, the
only little den with a bit of spirit in it. You see, in
Fuddyduddyland, the truth is less important than the general
ambience.

Ya know, it's starting to sound like you think I'm a fuddy-duddy.

How you could come to such a conclusion is beyond me, although with a
plethora of delusions from which to choose, the fallacy might just be
inevitable. Since I am a gracious and easy-going person by nature, this
produces no major negative feelings within my corpus notwithstanding a bit
of light-headedness and a slight thermal increase of the buttocks. Be that
as it may, you certainly have the right to express your unrightness no
matter how embarrassing it would be to a normal sentient being.

dorayme

Neredbojias said:
Ya know, it's starting to sound like you think I'm a fuddy-duddy.

I think you are getting the picture now, Boji. Look, the truth is
that I am probably a bit jealous of the cosiness you enjoy there,
that is, in Fuddyduddyland where everything is all simple and in
slippers.

Neredbojias

I think you are getting the picture now, Boji. Look, the truth is
that I am probably a bit jealous of the cosiness you enjoy there,
that is, in Fuddyduddyland where everything is all simple and in
slippers.

Well, with your fondness for killfiles, I can understand your affinity for
fuddiness. The question then is why you are so antipathically
obnoxious...?