Successful installation of mod_python on Apache on Win2k?

Rolfe

Has anyone had success getting mod_python to run on Apache on Win2K?
I'm writing up instructions on how to do this and need your help. When
completed, the instructions at the mod_python website and on
comp.lang.python crediting all those who contributed.
Here's what I've done so far - and where I get stuck:
1. I made default installations of the latest versions:
- apache_2.0.47-win32-x86-no_ssl.msi
- mod_python-3.0.3.win32.exe
2. I followed the installation/configuration instructions provided at
the end of the mod_python-3.0.3.win32.exe installation.
3. When I created and ran the following script shown at
http://www.modpython.org/live/current/doc-html/inst-testing.html, my
browser displays the full text of the script instead of running the
script:
"from mod_python import apache

def handler(req):
req.write("Hello World!")
return apache.OK"

4. I've read Troubleshooting and FAQ, triple-checked my http.conf
file, and still can't get it to work.

ANY SUGGESTIONS?

Thanks,

Rolfe

Peter Maas

Rolfe said:
3. When I created and ran the following script shown at
http://www.modpython.org/live/current/doc-html/inst-testing.html, my
browser displays the full text of the script instead of running the
script:
"from mod_python import apache

def handler(req):
req.write("Hello World!")
return apache.OK"

4. I've read Troubleshooting and FAQ, triple-checked my http.conf
file, and still can't get it to work.

ANY SUGGESTIONS?

This is my working conf (on Linux, though):

LoadModule python_module modules/mod_python.so

<Directory /usr/local/apache2/htdocs/test>
AddHandler python-program .py
PythonHandler mptest
PythonDebug On
</Directory>

/usr/local/apache2/htdocs/test/mptest.py works. If you have an
analogous conf, it might be an OS related issue.

Mit freundlichen Gruessen,

Peter Maas

Rolfe