suggestions for RSS Feed url?

Flip

I have been getting into RSS quite a bit lately and I would like to try my
hand at writting one. What is the best suggestions for the URL? Should it
be an aspx returning XML? Should it be an HttpModule (or handler? what's
the other way?) or some other mechanism?

If you've written one, I would love to hear about your experiences. If you
have any website urls I would love to see them too. I've tried googling,
but I seem to get drowned in plain-jane, end user rss feed stuff, not too
much developer oriented or url info. Maybe it's my keywords?

Thanks.

Rob Meade

I have been getting into RSS quite a bit lately and I would like to try my
hand at writting one. What is the best suggestions for the URL? Should it
be an aspx returning XML? Should it be an HttpModule (or handler? what's
the other way?) or some other mechanism?

Isn't it usually just an xml file? I might be wrong, I dont know - but I
like you would like to get into writing one...
If you've written one, I would love to hear about your experiences. If
you have any website urls I would love to see them too. I've tried
googling, but I seem to get drowned in plain-jane, end user rss feed
stuff, not too much developer oriented or url info. Maybe it's my
keywords?

I did find this which looks like a good start, and helpfully there's both C#
and VB examples for the .net part...

http://www.uberasp.net/getarticle.aspx?id=17

HTH

Rob

Flip

More than welcome :eek:)
I didn't get a chance to play with this last night. :< I hope to try it out
tonight and get back to you with a sample URL. If you try it out, COOL! If
not, hey, at least you led me in the right direction to learn something new!
:>

Have a good one.