Sun Java System Application Server 8

JScoobyCed

Hi,

Is the SJSAS 8 update 1 a plateforme I can use for production
environment? I remamber having read some post where the Sun Application
Server was not reliable and Tomcat or JBoss where better alternatives.
My team is going to use the latest Java Web-Service 1.6 SDK.
Only the Sun server or Tomcat 5 for WS supports it.
Until I have digested the WS 1.6 tutorial, is there any other
application servers that support WS 1.6? Let's say I download the latest
Tomcat 5.0.xx, can I set it up to run the WS 1.6? I don't want to use
J2SE 1.5 for production, should I use an older WS SDK?
Thanks.

Aquila Deus

JScoobyCed said:
Hi,

Is the SJSAS 8 update 1 a plateforme I can use for production
environment? I remamber having read some post where the Sun Application
Server was not reliable and Tomcat or JBoss where better alternatives.
My team is going to use the latest Java Web-Service 1.6 SDK.
Only the Sun server or Tomcat 5 for WS supports it.
Until I have digested the WS 1.6 tutorial, is there any other
application servers that support WS 1.6? Let's say I download the latest
Tomcat 5.0.xx, can I set it up to run the WS 1.6? I don't want to use
J2SE 1.5 for production, should I use an older WS SDK?
Thanks.

http://www.theserverside.com/news/thread.tss?thread_id=31701#156640

basically... nobody uses Sun's App Server....