Help with simple Servlet in Sun Java System Application Server

Discussion in 'Java' started by mkw, Aug 20, 2008.

  1. mkw

    mkw

    Joined:
    Aug 20, 2008
    Messages:

    I'm trying to get a simple servlet working in Sun Java System Application Server 9.1_02 (build b04-fcs).

    I'm fairly new to this, so I may be doing something wrong. I've read the Java Servlet Spec v2.5, the Java EE 5 Tutorial, and some other relevant documentation from Sun (so please no RTM replies - thanks).

    JSPs are working fine, but not servlet classes. I've tried all permutations I can think of and read all relevant documentation I can find - but no luck. It just does not find and call my servlet class.

    Has anybody got a simple HelloWorld servlet working in Sun Java System Application Server 9.1_02 (build b04-fcs)? If so, would you mind showing the HelloWorld.java, web.xml and sun-web.xml

    I need to know whether anybody has got these to work.

    Many thanks for any help,
    MKW

    mkw, Aug 20, 2008

  2. mkw

    mkw

    Joined:
    Aug 20, 2008
    Messages:

    OK - finally, I got it to work!

    Thanks for reading anyway.

    MKW

    mkw, Aug 21, 2008

  3. mkw

    LoungeLizard

    Joined:
    Oct 6, 2008
    Messages:
    1
    Shore would be nice if you would've been kind enough to post what the problem was and your solution - even if it may have been a little embarassing. You may actually help someone...

    ;) Cheers,

    Da Lizard

    LoungeLizard, Oct 6, 2008