Support for audio recording and analysis using Ruby?

Wink Saville

Hello,

I was wondering if there were any modules available for Ruby to capture
and analyze audio that runs on Linux. I'd like to capture short snippets
of audio (0.5 to 1 second) and then do an FFT.

Thanks,

Wink Saville

Guillaume Marcais

I did something like this last year. I was recording with the venerable=20=

UNIX rec, piping the output to my ruby program and doing fft with a=20
combination of narray, sndfile and numru/fftw3 (available from RAA).=20
Not pretending to be light speed, it was able to process the sound in=20
real time on a PentiumPro 200MHz...

HTH,
Guillaume.

Le 26 f=E9vr. 06, =E0 11:45, Wink Saville a =E9crit :