    Any ideas?

    TIA

    Kenneth P

    =?Utf-8?B?S2VubmV0aCBQ?=, Nov 4, 2004

  2. =?Utf-8?B?S2VubmV0aCBQ?=

    jongalloway Guest

    jongalloway, Nov 4, 2004

  3. Hi

    They are using frames. Just look at the main page "View -> Sourece" and you
    will see that page have some frame.
    With right click on page you'll see that page has url. Click on top and also
    on bottom to see that the page url is different.
    Also take a look on frame stuff to undestand clearly what is happening.
    There is no trick made in asp.net in that page.

    Cheers.

    =?Utf-8?B?UHN5Y2hv?=, Nov 4, 2004
  4. =?Utf-8?B?S2VubmV0aCBQ?=

    Hans Kesting Guest

    Kenneth P wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > I've seen many Internet sites that suppress the URL or show the same
    > URL all the time your moving around different pages. You'll only see
    > the real page with it's path in the statusbar way down on the page.
    >
    > How is that done in asp.net?
    >
    > I have an example on this, in sweden, stockholm where I live we have a
    > wellknown kindergarten for older men (warehouse shop) named Clas
    > Ohlson
    >
    > http://www.clasohlson.se/
    >
    > You'll also have them on a flaglink in finnish, norwegian and english
    > language just above the statusbar. So that you see what I mean.
    >
    > Any ideas?
    >
    > TIA
    >
    > Kenneth P

    That has nothing to do with asp.net or any other server-side technology,
    it is client-side html.
    The trick is to use a frameset as your first page. The URL shown is the url of that
    frameset definition, the rest of the site works within that frameset.

    For that site: use "View | Source" from the menu and scroll down to below the
    <NOSCRIPT> section. (strange, a noscript section with embedded javascript...)

    Hans Kesting

    Hans Kesting, Nov 4, 2004
  5. Hi jongalloway,

    Hmmm...

    Have you seen the same technology on pages without frames?

    Kenneth P

    =?Utf-8?B?S2VubmV0aCBQ?=, Nov 4, 2004

    =?Utf-8?B?VGltIEJlbnM=?=, Nov 4, 2004
  7. Sorry about that empty post above, accidentally hit the Enter key :)

    here are some interesting articles that could solve your problem:
    www.15seconds.com/issue/030522.htm
    www.codeproject.com/aspnet/URLRewriter.asp

    I hope this helps

    =?Utf-8?B?VGltIEJlbnM=?=, Nov 4, 2004