Suppressing the URL in a asp.net app

Guest

Hi,

I've seen many Internet sites that suppress the URL or show the same URL all
the time your moving around different pages. You'll only see the real page
with it's path in the statusbar way down on the page.

How is that done in asp.net?

I have an example on this, in sweden, stockholm where I live we have a
wellknown kindergarten for older men (warehouse shop) named Clas Ohlson

http://www.clasohlson.se/

You'll also have them on a flaglink in finnish, norwegian and english
language just above the statusbar. So that you see what I mean.

Any ideas?

TIA

Kenneth P

Guest

Hi

They are using frames. Just look at the main page "View -> Sourece" and you
will see that page have some frame.
With right click on page you'll see that page has url. Click on top and also
on bottom to see that the page url is different.
Also take a look on frame stuff to undestand clearly what is happening.
There is no trick made in asp.net in that page.

Cheers.

Hans Kesting

Kenneth said:
Hi,

I've seen many Internet sites that suppress the URL or show the same
URL all the time your moving around different pages. You'll only see
the real page with it's path in the statusbar way down on the page.

How is that done in asp.net?

I have an example on this, in sweden, stockholm where I live we have a
wellknown kindergarten for older men (warehouse shop) named Clas
Ohlson

http://www.clasohlson.se/

You'll also have them on a flaglink in finnish, norwegian and english
language just above the statusbar. So that you see what I mean.

Any ideas?

TIA

Kenneth P

That has nothing to do with asp.net or any other server-side technology,
it is client-side html.
The trick is to use a frameset as your first page. The URL shown is the url of that
frameset definition, the rest of the site works within that frameset.

For that site: use "View | Source" from the menu and scroll down to below the
<NOSCRIPT> section. (strange, a noscript section with embedded javascript...)

Hans Kesting

Guest

Hi jongalloway,

Hmmm...

Have you seen the same technology on pages without frames?

Kenneth P