SVG Dom Interfaces

Discussion in 'XML' started by VladimirVV, Jun 18, 2004.

  1. VladimirVV

    VladimirVV Guest

    Hello,

    Could anybody help me?
    I'm reading SVG specification and at the end of each chapter I see topic
    about DOM Interfaces.
    For example:
    All of the SVG DOM interfaces that correspond directly to elements in
    the SVG language(e. g., the SVGPathElement interface corresponds
    directly to the' path' element in the language) are derivative from base
    class SVGElement.

    Does it mean, that after creating DOM model using any parser I can use
    SVGPathElement instead of checking tag's name "path"?
    If Yes => how it could be done in C++ code? Where to get *.h file or
    *.idl file described all SVG interfaces?

    Thanx in advance,
    Best regards, Vladimir.

    VladimirVV, Jun 18, 2004

  2. VladimirVV wrote:

    > I'm reading SVG specification and at the end of each chapter I see topic
    > about DOM Interfaces.
    > For example:
    > All of the SVG DOM interfaces that correspond directly to elements in
    > the SVG language(e. g., the SVGPathElement interface corresponds
    > directly to the' path' element in the language) are derivative from base
    > class SVGElement.
    >
    > Does it mean, that after creating DOM model using any parser I can use
    > SVGPathElement instead of checking tag's name "path"?

    No, a general DOM parser will usually only implement the W3C core DOM
    and not any specialized DOMs like the HTML DOM or the SVG DOM. However
    SVG viewers supporting scripting or programming then should offer the
    SVG DOM.

    --

    Martin Honnen
    http://JavaScript.FAQTs.com/