- GridBagLayout
AWT

- BoxLayout
Yep.

- SpringLayout
Yep.

- FormLayout

Not in J2SE 6.0.*

* I suspect these are NetBeans specific layouts.
While SWT offers:
- AbsoluteLayout
- GridLayout
- FormLayout
- FillLayout
- RowLayout

Shouldn't both lists be identical?

Dunno'. Why should they be? Can't J2SE layouts be used
in SWT? If so, that only leaves the layouts that Swing does not
provide, or that SWT thinks it can do better.

--
Andrew Thompson
http://www.athompson.info/andrew/

Wayne

Andrew said:
Not in J2SE 6.0.*

Not in J2SE 6.0.*

* I suspect these are NetBeans specific layouts.

Dunno'. Why should they be? Can't J2SE layouts be used
in SWT? If so, that only leaves the layouts that Swing does not
provide, or that SWT thinks it can do better.

A good way to see the dozen or so layouts available to swing/awt is
to check the "known implementing classes" for java.awt.LayoutManager
and LayoutManager2. There are many special use layouts, but anyone
can use them!

-Wayne

Joined
Dec 7, 2009
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
It is a girl with long hair. She is on this swing with long socks on. She is blowing a bubble of bubble gum. And she is on a swing swinging over a rainbow.