    - RowLayout

    Shouldn't both lists be identical?

    -Ramon

    Ramon F Herrera, Nov 10, 2007

    Knute Johnson, Nov 10, 2007

    > - GridBagLayout

    AWT

    > - BoxLayout

    Yep.

    > - SpringLayout

    Yep.

    > - FormLayout

    Not in J2SE 6.0.*

    * I suspect these are NetBeans specific layouts.

    >While SWT offers:
    > - AbsoluteLayout
    > - GridLayout
    > - FormLayout
    > - FillLayout
    > - RowLayout
    >
    >Shouldn't both lists be identical?

    Dunno'. Why should they be? Can't J2SE layouts be used
    in SWT? If so, that only leaves the layouts that Swing does not
    provide, or that SWT thinks it can do better.

    --
    Andrew Thompson
    http://www.athompson.info/andrew/

    Andrew Thompson, Nov 10, 2007
  4. Ramon F Herrera

    Wayne Guest

    Andrew Thompson wrote:
    > Ramon F Herrera wrote:
    >> Swing offers:
    >> - AbsoluteLayout

    > Not in J2SE 6.0.*
    >
    >> - FlowLayout

    > AWT
    >
    >> - BorderLayout

    > AWT
    >
    >> - GridLayout

    > AWT
    >
    >> - CardLayout

    > AWT
    >
    >> - GridBagLayout

    > AWT
    >
    >> - BoxLayout

    > Yep.
    >
    >> - SpringLayout

    > Yep.
    >
    >> - FormLayout

    > Not in J2SE 6.0.*
    >
    > * I suspect these are NetBeans specific layouts.
    >
    >> While SWT offers:
    >> - AbsoluteLayout
    >> - GridLayout
    >> - FormLayout
    >> - FillLayout
    >> - RowLayout
    >>
    >> Shouldn't both lists be identical?

    > Dunno'. Why should they be? Can't J2SE layouts be used
    > in SWT? If so, that only leaves the layouts that Swing does not
    > provide, or that SWT thinks it can do better.

    A good way to see the dozen or so layouts available to swing/awt is
    to check the "known implementing classes" for java.awt.LayoutManager
    and LayoutManager2. There are many special use layouts, but anyone
    can use them!

    -Wayne

    Wayne, Nov 10, 2007
  5. Andrew Thompson, Nov 10, 2007
  6. Ramon F Herrera

    Benjamin Toren

    Joined:
    Dec 7, 2009
    Messages:
    2
    It is a girl with long hair. She is on this swing with long socks on. She is blowing a bubble of bubble gum. And she is on a swing swinging over a rainbow.

    Benjamin Toren, Dec 7, 2009