Synplify to Quartus IO standard

Pierre-Louis

Hi everybody,
is there any means to pass IO standard constraints, as "LVDS", as I do for location constraints, from Symplify (Amplify) to
Quartus??
Thanks,
Pierre-Louis

Mike Treseler

Pierre-Louis said:
is there any means to pass IO standard constraints, as "LVDS", as I do
for location constraints, from Symplify (Amplify) to Quartus??

This can be done with code attributes or constraint
files that touch the synthesis .edf netlist.

I prefer to keep my code and .edf files independent of device
attributes, as they are a continuous source of version mismatch errors.

Consider letting Quartus place and route a clean
..edf file from Synplify.

Once you get that to pass static timing, fix up the the pins
and IOs in Quartus and run again.

-- Mike Treseler

Pierre-Louis

Thank you for your answer;
my goal was to make all the constraint job under Synplify, so I can create a new and clean Quartus project each time I need,
with the TCL file generated by Synplify making all the job. I have a lot of FPGA to synthetise, with few differences between
them, and I don't want to work with Quartus in each directory.

I have no problem of "portability" of my code, as the target FPGA is settled for years.
May I pass from Synplify constraints (unknowned by Synplify, such as IO standard) in the code or in the "scope" file???
I have partially solved the problem by creating manually a tcl file that I launch once the project is created and open in
Quartus... That can be easily automatized.
Pierre-Louis

Mike Treseler

Pierre-Louis said:
Thank you for your answer;
You are welcome.
my goal was to make all the constraint job under Synplify, so I can
create a new and clean Quartus project each time I need, with the TCL
file generated by Synplify making all the job. I have a lot of FPGA to
synthetise, with few differences between them, and I don't want to work
with Quartus in each directory.

You can save a Quartus flow as
a tcl script or write your own.
If you don't use Quartus each time,
how will you do final placement
and static timing for each design?
May I pass from Synplify constraints (unknowned by Synplify, such as IO
standard) in the code or in the "scope" file???

I have no pertinent experience.
I expect that Altera and Synplify
have documents about this interface.
I have partially solved the problem by creating manually a tcl file that
I launch once the project is created and open in Quartus... That can be
easily automatized.

I agree. The whole process can be automated.
But consider walking through it
manually a time or two.
Good luck.

-- Mike Treseler