syslogging to remote syslogd

Discussion in 'Ruby' started by Ara.T.Howard, Nov 2, 2004.

  1. Ara.T.Howard

    Ara.T.Howard Guest

    any examples out there? i've never done this and am just getting going.

    cheers.

    -a
    Ara.T.Howard, Nov 2, 2004

  2. On Tue, Nov 02, 2004 at 11:43:53PM +0900, Ara.T.Howard wrote:
    > any examples out there? i've never done this and am just getting going.

    (1) man syslog.conf

    (2) Example:
    *.debug @192.0.2.1

    (3) At the receiving end, you may need to change the flags on syslogd to get
    it to accept packets from a remote host. How that's done depends on the O/S
    you're running; man syslogd will tell you.

    (4) Need anything else?

    Regards,

    Brian.
    Brian Candler, Nov 2, 2004

  3. Ara.T.Howard

    Guest

    On Tue, 2 Nov 2004, Brian Candler wrote:

    > On Tue, Nov 02, 2004 at 11:43:53PM +0900, Ara.T.Howard wrote:
    >> any examples out there? i've never done this and am just getting going.

    > (1) man syslog.conf

    o.k. - that did it! weird that the man page for syslog on my system does have
    this one in SEE ALSO.

    > (2) Example:
    > *.debug @192.0.2.1
    >
    > (3) At the receiving end, you may need to change the flags on syslogd to get
    > it to accept packets from a remote host. How that's done depends on the O/S
    > you're running; man syslogd will tell you.
    >
    > (4) Need anything else?

    nope - thanks!

    -a
    | PHONE :: 303.497.6469
    | When you do something, you should burn yourself completely, like a good
    | bonfire, leaving no trace of yourself. --Shunryu Suzuki
    , Nov 2, 2004