System.Data.OleDb.OleDbException: Unspecified error

Guest

I am getting this error on my win 2000 server when a .net app that a programmer in my office developed. I have read other posts about the issue but the resolutions to those posts did not solve the problem. I know that when you install .net it is supposed to create a directory under documents and settings with the name of the server in my case it should be "\documents and settings\arete1\aspnet\local settings\temp" this was not created in several attempts to install .net framework. I manually created this structure and gave the appropriate permissions but it still doesn't work. This app works on a win xp machine that the developer use to create the app
Any help here would be greatly appreciated.

arthur Wang [MSFT]

CAUSE: Access Denied to c:\Document settings\machinename\ASPNET\local
settings\Temp folder for IUSR_machine.

RESOLUTION:
1. Download Filemon.exe from http://www.Sysinternals.com and run.
2. Filemon.exe showed access denied on c:\Document
settings\machinename\ASPNET\local settings\Temp folder for IUSR_machine.
3. Giving permissions to IUSR_machine on folder, c:\Document
settings\machinename\ASPNET\local settings\Temp resolved the problem.

Also check permissions on the following directory - added IUSR_machinename:

C:\WINNT\Profiles\machinename\IWAM_machinename\Local Settings\Temp

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;827190

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;825738

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;834905