    System.Net.WebException: The underlying connection was closed: The remote
    name could not be resolved.

    Please help me!

    Jeremy Ames, Jan 8, 2004

  2. Jeremy Ames

    Jeremy Ames Guest

    Alright! I have finally found the answer to my problem. This is pretty
    obscure though. The problem was not in the code anywhere. The problem was
    that we had created an alias for the server in our DNS table. The system
    that we are running our intranet site on did not recognize the alias (ie. I
    could not ping the alias from that server), so I created an entry for the
    alias in the LMHOSTS.SAM file and ran an import. At that point I was able to
    ping the alias, and it resolved my issue with the web service.

    "Jeremy Ames" <> wrote in message
    This is driving me crazy!!!! I started working on an application in C# for
    ASP.Net and realized that I needed a web service. I created the web service
    on my local system, tested it, then deployed it to the production server. I
    then added it as a web reference to my C# application and tested the
    reference and everything worked fine. I am on day three of trying to get it
    to work now that I have deployed the entire application to the produciton
    system. The error message that I am getting is:

    Jeremy Ames, Jan 8, 2004