System.OutofMemoryException - Session

Guest

Hi

I have an application running on a cluster that's constantly throwing an OutOfMemoryException with the following message
"Unable to serialize the session state. Please note that non-serializable objects or MarshalByRef objects are not permitted when session state mode is 'StateServer' or 'SQLServer'.

In this instance, session state mode is set to 'StateServer' and the only object being stored in the session is a dataset (which is serializable)..

Anyone have any ideas

Thanks!

Alvin Bruney [MVP]

for starters, what does your dataset contain?
any funky stuff in the dataset or just basic types?

i'm puzzled that an outofmemoryexception would contain a serialization
string

--
Regards,
Alvin Bruney [ASP.NET MVP]