System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access is denied. - Excel Application.

kelvinweb

Hi All,

I don't why alert below error message when I am using "Excel
Application".
I have to following the instruction, but the error is still here.
Please help ..

Dim excelApp As New Excel.Application
Dim excelBook As Excel.Workbook
Dim excelWorksheet As Excel.Worksheet
Dim Q As Integer
Dim IndexRow As Integer
Dim CurrentRow As DataRow

Exception Details: System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access is
denied.

granting access rights to the resource to the ASP.NET request identity.
ASP.NET has a base process identity (typically {MACHINE}\ASPNET on IIS
5 or Network Service on IIS 6) that is used if the application is not
impersonating. If the application is impersonating via <identity
impersonate="true"/>, the identity will be the anonymous user
(typically IUSR_MACHINENAME) or the authenticated request user.

To grant ASP.NET write access to a file, right-click the file in
Explorer, choose "Properties" and select the Security tab. Click "Add"
to add the appropriate user or group. Highlight the ASP.NET account,
and check the boxes for the desired access.

Mark Rae

I don't why alert below error message when I am using "Excel
Application".
Dim excelApp As New Excel.Application

What are you trying to do exactly? Office Automation via ASP.NET is a really
bad idea, so much so that Microsoft themselves strongly discourage it, and
will not support a solution which uses it:
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;q257757#kb2

See also:
http://www.aspose.com/wiki/default.aspx/Aspose.Total/WhyNotAutomation.html

Rad [Visual C# MVP]

I agree. There are a lot of gotchas using automation on asp.net.

But if you really really really have to you need to change some COM+
permissions. Open control panel, component services and navigate to
DCOM config. Click yes to all the dialogs and then locate Microsoft
Excel Application.

Right click and go to the security tab