table alignment

tolobe

Hi there, Got a question about a site I'm building. The issue is with
text in a <td> which I'm trying to keep aligned with text in another
I don't know what's wrong, can anyone enlighten me?
I'm new to this group, so if I'm posting to the wrong place, please
lemme know where to go.

thanks,
TL

dorayme

tolobe said:
Hi there, Got a question about a site I'm building. The issue is with
text in a <td> which I'm trying to keep aligned with text in another
I don't know what's wrong, can anyone enlighten me?
I'm new to this group, so if I'm posting to the wrong place, please
lemme know where to go.

thanks,
TL

er... if you want to use a table and make it count here for a
real purpose, namely to give information about the years on the
left, then make a table but use rows:

But really, perhaps you need to look at a tutorial:

http://www.htmldog.com/

Adrienne Boswell

Hi there, Got a question about a site I'm building. The issue is with
text in a <td> which I'm trying to keep aligned with text in another
I don't know what's wrong, can anyone enlighten me?
I'm new to this group, so if I'm posting to the wrong place, please
lemme know where to go.

thanks,
TL

What in &Deity;'s name created this? Did you do this by yourself?

1. Get a plain text editor with syntax highlighting.
2. Read some HTML tutorials
3. Read some CSS tutorials (take all the presentational markup out, then
play with CSS until it looks like you want)
4. Stop depending on <br> - use CSS to align the content in the td
element to top.
5. Use a DocType

Martin Jay

Hi there, Got a question about a site I'm building. The issue is with
text in a <td> which I'm trying to keep aligned with text in another
I don't know what's wrong, can anyone enlighten me?

You need to define a row in the table for each entry. For example:

You can't rely on using lots of <br>s to vertically align the
information.