    lemme know where to go.

    thanks,
    TL

    tolobe, Nov 3, 2007

  2. tolobe

    dorayme Guest

    In article
    <>,
    tolobe <> wrote:

    > Hi there, Got a question about a site I'm building. The issue is with
    > text in a <td> which I'm trying to keep aligned with text in another
    > I don't know what's wrong, can anyone enlighten me?
    > I'm new to this group, so if I'm posting to the wrong place, please
    > lemme know where to go.
    >
    > thanks,
    > TL

    er... if you want to use a table and make it count here for a
    real purpose, namely to give information about the years on the
    left, then make a table but use rows:

    But really, perhaps you need to look at a tutorial:

    http://www.htmldog.com/

    --
    dorayme

    dorayme, Nov 3, 2007

  3. Gazing into my crystal ball I observed tolobe <> writing
    in news::

    > Hi there, Got a question about a site I'm building. The issue is with
    > text in a <td> which I'm trying to keep aligned with text in another
    > I don't know what's wrong, can anyone enlighten me?
    > I'm new to this group, so if I'm posting to the wrong place, please
    > lemme know where to go.
    >
    > thanks,
    > TL

    What in &Deity;'s name created this? Did you do this by yourself?

    1. Get a plain text editor with syntax highlighting.
    2. Read some HTML tutorials
    3. Read some CSS tutorials (take all the presentational markup out, then
    play with CSS until it looks like you want)
    4. Stop depending on <br> - use CSS to align the content in the td
    element to top.
    5. Use a DocType

    --
    Adrienne Boswell at Home
    Arbpen Web Site Design Services

    Adrienne Boswell, Nov 3, 2007
  4. tolobe

    Martin Jay Guest

    On Sat, 03 Nov 2007 23:00:17 -0000, tolobe <> wrote:

    >Hi there, Got a question about a site I'm building. The issue is with
    >text in a <td> which I'm trying to keep aligned with text in another
    >I don't know what's wrong, can anyone enlighten me?

    You need to define a row in the table for each entry. For example:

    You can't rely on using lots of <br>s to vertically align the
    information.
    --
    Martin Jay

    Martin Jay, Nov 4, 2007