Tables under Firefox go wrong

ironcorona

Samuël van Laere said:
Under Firefox my table goes wrong:
http://www.webkluns.nl/tabellen.html

Any thoughts on what I need to do to fix it?

Firefox seems to be doing something odd with the caption element. The
way to solve this is go to your table style sheet and change it to:

caption {
background-color: #F5F5F5;
border-left: 1px solid #A9A9A9;
border-right: 1px solid #A9A9A9;
border-top: 1px solid #A9A9A9;
color: #404040;
font: normal bolder 100%/130% "MS Sans Serif", serif;
margin:0 auto;
}

table {
background-color: #DCDCDC;
border: 1px solid #A9A9A9;
color: #000000;
margin: 0 auto;
width: 70%;
}

td {
background-color: #F5F5F5;
border: 1px solid #A9A9A9;
color: #000000;
font: normal 100%/130% "Times New Roman", "Trebuchet MS", serif;
}

This is just adding margin:0 auto; to caption
and changing to margin:0 auto; in table
[note that values other than 0 in either of these breaks it too]

If you want to give the table some margin-top I suggest that you give

I have absolutely no clue as to why Firefox does this but none of my
other browsers (Opera, IE) do.

Roy Schestowitz

__/ [ ironcorona ] on Friday 12 May 2006 19:16 \__
Samuël van Laere said:
[...]

Neither does an old version of Konqueror. I too was trying to help, to no
avail. I find it rather odd that, of all Web browsers, Firefox would be the
one to fail. A Web search trying to identify a known problem was unfruitful,
for what it's worth.

Best wishes,

Roy

Neredbojias

To further the education of mankind, "Samuël van Laere"
Under Firefox my table goes wrong:
http://www.webkluns.nl/tabellen.html

Any thoughts on what I need to do to fix it?

The only way I could do it is to add style to the caption (...margin:auto,
etc.) and adjust the table margins/borders as needed. Not supposed to be
necessary, though.

Samuël van Laere

Neredbojias said:
The only way I could do it is to add style to the caption (...margin:auto,
etc.) and adjust the table margins/borders as needed. Not supposed to be
necessary, though.

Thanks for the help folks, it works fine now.

Cheers,
Sam

Samuël van Laere

Roy Schestowitz said:
Neither does an old version of Konqueror. I too was trying to help, to no
avail. I find it rather odd that, of all Web browsers, Firefox would be
the
one to fail. A Web search trying to identify a known problem was
unfruitful,
for what it's worth.

Is it possible to report this bug?
Its kind of frustrating to say the least.

I've got a nice table for Firefox now,
with some padding on the caption.
But IE at least needs padding on the table itself,
seems logical though.
Offcourse Firefox will fail and show a space between the caption and the
table.

Cheers,
Sam

Toby Inkster

Samuël van Laere said:

Some of your CSS font properties are just crazy!

http://www.webkluns.nl/styles/default/nav.css:

font: normal 100% "MS Sans Serif", serif;
(Specifying a sans serif font with a generic serif fallback!)

font: normal 100% monospace, serif;
(The "serif" fallback is redundant.)

http://www.webkluns.nl/styles/default/basic.css

font: normal 130% "Comic Sans MS", serif;
(Specifying a sans serif font with a generic serif fallback again.)

http://www.webkluns.nl/styles/default/tables.css

font: normal 100%/130% "Times New Roman", "Trebuchet MS", serif;
(Serif font falling back to a sans serif, and then back to serif.)

Crazy, crazy, crazy.

Samuël van Laere

Toby Inkster said:
Some of your CSS font properties are just crazy!

Thanks Toby "crazy" Inkster,

will see to it that it will be changed a.s.a.p
I've got no dead wish, just so you know ;)

Cheers,
Sam