Tcl DC Mode for Emacs

Reto Zimmermann

Hi Emacs and Design Compiler users,

For all who always wanted to see their Synopsys Design Compiler Tcl
scripts colored like a Christmas tree, here it is: Tcl DC Mode.

This is an extension to the existing Emacs Tcl Mode and adds the
following features:

- Syntax highlighting: Highlights Tcl and DC keywords, commands and
their options as well as predefined DC variables and attributes
using different colors.
- Word/command completion: The TAB key expands incomplete words to words
found elsewhere in the buffer or found in a list of predefined DC
commands, variables and attributes.
- Block commenting: Comments/uncomments selected lines of code by typing
'C-c C-c'.

The official distribution site is at

http://www.iis.ee.ethz.ch/~zimmi/emacs/tcl-dc-mode.html

Installation and usage information is included in the header of the
tcl-dc-mode.el file.

Hope this is useful.

Reto

M Jared Finder

Reto Zimmermann wrote:

Just this feature stands out:
- Block commenting: Comments/uncomments selected lines of code by typing
'C-c C-c'.

Does this act any different from comment-dwim in GNU Emacs?

-- MJF

Reto Zimmermann

M said:
Reto Zimmermann wrote:

Just this feature stands out:

Does this act any different from comment-dwim in GNU Emacs?

This only does commenting/uncommenting, while comment-dwim has some
extra functionality, e.g. for empty lines. So you can remap to
comment-dwim and have even better functionality. I didn't use
comment-dwim because of backward and XEmacs compatibility.

Reto