Telnet to remote system and format output via web page

Kenroy Bennett

Hi

I would like to create a web app using flask or cgi library along with telnetlib to telnet to specific servers and execute commands and retrieve the output.
The output will then be formatted and outputted to a webpage .

.. Is this the best way of getting info from a remote system to be output to a web page?

Is flask over kill for project like this ?

Thanks,
Kenroy

Jugurtha Hadjar

Hi

I would like to create a web app using flask or cgi library along with telnetlib to telnet to specific servers and execute commands and retrieve the output.
The output will then be formatted and outputted to a webpage .

Is security an issue ? How sensitive is the information you are querying
? Must it be Telnet ?

Rodrick Brown

I would use something like fabric to automatically login to hosts via
ssh then parse the data myself to generate static HTML pages in a
document root.

Having a web app execute remote commands on a server is so wrong in many ways.

Sent from my iPhone