TERRACOTTA: questions

Mike \L'Emarginato\

Hi all,
I'm trying to deepen the technical issue that would allow me to use
TERRACOTTA, specifically open source technology with the DSO, for our
website, an internet startup that is going to produce the first working
prototype of a specific service (images and stuffs). We use only Java,
we do not use other technologies.

In effect we are interested to this:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Terracotta_Cluster

Terracotta is an open source JVM-level clustering software for Java.
It delivers clustering as a runtime infrastructure service, which
simplifies the task of clustering a Java application, by clustering
the JVM underneath the application, instead of clustering the
application itself [1].

Terracotta's JVM-level clustering can turn single-node,
multi-threaded applications into distributed, multi-node
applications, often with no code changes. Terracotta uses standard
bytecode manipulation techniques to plug into the Java Memory Model
in order to maintain semantics of Java (Java Language Specification),
such as pass-by-reference, thread coordination, and garbage
collection across the cluster.

--

In particular, we use Tomcat, but we do not need "web sessions" or
"ebcache" itselfs, for who knows what i'm talking about.

We need a cluster of different machines that do run a JVM that uses all
the power and willingness to scale, with the addition of new nodes,
trasparently to eh application itself, may it will be tomcat or another
normal java.packages that we are developing.

Someone are using TERRACOTA, in this exact method?

Thanks for information, and any help.

Roedy Green

Terracotta is an open source JVM-level clustering software for Java.
It delivers clustering as a runtime infrastructure service, which
simplifies the task of clustering a Java application, by clustering
the JVM underneath the application, instead of clustering the
application itself [1].

It is not wise to quote sales literature, even for free programs. Your
post can be easily mistaken for spam promoting the product.
--
Roedy Green Canadian Mind Products
http://mindprod.com

Mike \L'Emarginato\

Il 05/05/2011 17:45, Roedy Green ha scritto:
It is not wise to quote sales literature, even for free programs. Your
post can be easily mistaken for spam promoting the product.

Sorry, I do not want to promote anything, but simply ask for informations.

Frameworks are the ones that we all know, I'm interested in the features
I listed above, so I had to put the name of the product.

I therefore wonder if these products make sense, or are only
"advertising", because in fact I can not get any information that is not
commercial.

Thank you if you want me to help.