Text is clipped. How can I fix this?

zeyais

I am using ASP.net (should be transparent in this case).

The page is generated alright. The page has fieldset, divs and tables
and other HTML elements like text box, drop downs etc; all are
standards. Also, the page is formatted/decorated using CSS.

Here is the issue:
HTML generated is alright. Except:
1. IE the text is clipped instead of wrapping the text around inside
the fieldset/div. Even the right side of the fieldsets border is not
shown as it is extended and I am assuming "pushed" below the adjacent
element.
2. FF if text is long it does not wrap nor it is clipped instead it
shows over its neighboring elements, which in my case is a table
adjacent.

Code:
The generated output:
<fieldset>
<legend>Phrase</legend>
<ul>
<li>
this</a>
</li>
&middot;&nbsp;
<li>
should be visible'>word this sould wrapped and all words should be
visible</a>
</li>
&nbsp;&middot;&nbsp;
<li>
flow over adjacent element'>info again should not be clipped or flow
over adjacent element</a>
</li>
</ul>
</fieldset>

CSS:
#div_words {float: left}
#div_words ul li{ list-style-type: none; float:left; margin: 0 10 0
-18; text-align:left; text-indent:0; color:#000}

Questions:
How can I fix this?

Additionally,
If you see the HTML I am using &nbsp;&middot;&nbsp; as seperator
between words, but in FF the &middot; is rendered before the words. How
can I fix this? I can live without this, my first need is how to fix
the clipping and overflowing of text.

Thanks.

Jonathan N. Little

[...]

A URL to see the whole page would help, but at first glance I can see
your CSS is invalid. Length values must have units except for '0'...