The designer could not be shown for this file... (Smart Device development)

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Johann Blake, Jun 26, 2003.

  1. Johann Blake

    Johann Blake Guest

    I installed "Visual Studio.NET 2003 Special Upgrade for Version 2002
    customers". At the time of this posting, this is the latest version
    available.

    When I go to create a Smart Device application using C#, the IDE shows the
    designer window with the error message:

    "The designer could not be shown for this file because none of the classes
    within it can be designed."

    After reading other postings in this and other newsgroups about others
    having this problem, I tried their solutions but to no avail. I did of
    course have Visual Studio.Net 2002 installed previously but removed it. I
    also had some other MS tools for doing mobile development work installed but
    removed those as well.

    There are no references in the project and when I go to display the list of
    available references, it is empty, which is exactly what others have
    reported.

    Any ideas?

    Thanks,
    Johann Blake

    Development of mobile solutions using GPS
    www.closerworlds.com/eng
    Johann Blake, Jun 26, 2003