From: David Segall [mailto:[email protected]]
Sent: Wednesday, December 31, 2008 7:16 PM
To: Israel MFA Online
Subject: There is life without Microsoft!

Dear Sir/Madam,

Your web site looks appalling using Firefox, the world's second most
popular Internet browser.

Ideally, your web site should comply with W3C standards. Instead, the
W3C validator <http://validator.w3.org/> indicates that the first page
contains 194 errors. At least you could check your site using a few of
the most popular browsers so that your audience does not have to rely
on
Microsoft even if you do.

On the other hand, perhaps I should congratulate you. The Israeli Air
Force site <http://www.iaf.org.il/> is almost totally invisible
without
a fairly recent version of Microsoft's Internet Explorer and they
don't
even offer a way of telling them so.

Please fix it. It is embarrassing to have to explain that the site is
either difficult or impossible to read without Internet Explorer when
publish a link to your site.

Regards, David.

richard

I have reproduced my email correspondence with the Israeli Ministry of
Foreign Affairs below. I am dumbfounded so perhaps someone could help
me with a response that would convince them that the aim is to produce
correct HTML and that they don't need a version for each browser.

These guys are "precision bombing" their neighbours and are part of
the "Star Wars" project <http://tinyurl.com/beafraid>.

Dude, you're trying to educate people who have done the same things
"their way" for 4,000 years. It ain't gonna happen.

Have you ever validated sites owned by major corporations right here
in the USA and laughed at the thousands of errors?
Like I've seen people try to invent their own html coding that never
existed.

Here's an example from downloads.com

Line 110, Column 28: there is no attribute "section".

Just one of 221 errors and 76 warnings.

These guys are getting paid big bucks for dumping out garbage?
Where do I apply?
I'll do it for half their pay.

dorayme

David Segall said:
Ideally, your web site should comply with W3C standards.

You expect a government that has respected almost no international
standard (unless it happens to suit them anyway) from 1948 onwards to
take notice of the W3C? You have been watching too many movies, David.
Get real!

dorayme

richard said:
These guys are getting paid big bucks for dumping out garbage?
Where do I apply?
I'll do it for half their pay.

Tell them a quarter (I will personally pay you the other half of the
half you will accept -quarter - because I am desperate to see the result)

DLU

dorayme said:
You expect a government that has respected almost no international
standard (unless it happens to suit them anyway) from 1948 onwards to
take notice of the W3C? You have been watching too many movies, David.
Get real!
They need 13 males over the age of 13 to sit around and discuss the
implications of HTML and its relation to the Dead Sea Scrolls.
Then they need several versions in order to decide which one is the most
moral. After that, it can be sent to the Sanhedrin who will spend
another ten years or so debating its place in the moral scheme of things.

--
***************************************
* This is the Spammish Inquisition *

dorayme

DLU said:
They need 13 males over the age of 13 to sit around and discuss the
implications of HTML and its relation to the Dead Sea Scrolls.
Then they need several versions in order to decide which one is the most
moral. After that, it can be sent to the Sanhedrin who will spend
another ten years or so debating its place in the moral scheme of things.

Still, on some things, a Rabbi, alone, can be very decisive:

<http://dorayme.netweaver.com.au/jokes/is_sex_work.html>

Chaddy2222

You expect a government that has respected almost no international
standard (unless it happens to suit them anyway) from 1948 onwards to
take notice of the W3C? You have been watching too many movies, David.
Get real!
Yeah. Why would they even bother, they are too busy ignoring what
every other Government tells them to do.

Gordon Levi

sheldonlg said:
What country to you live in, dorayme? Let's say it is the U.S. Canada
has been raining missiles into North Dakota every day for years. Of
course you would say, "Please stop. We don't like our citizens being
killed by your rockets". Of course you would because you respect
international boundaries like that long boundary line extending to the
Pacific.
But there is no international boundary between Gaza and Israel. What
would the U.S. Commander in Chief do if the rockets were coming from
Puerto Rico given that he is the chief of state of Puerto Rico? The
Israeli Defence Force is also Gaza's defence force.

Chaddy2222

dorayme said:
What country to you live in, dorayme?  Let's say it is the U.S.  Canada
has been raining missiles into North Dakota every day for years.  Of
course you would say, "Please stop.  We don't like our citizens being
killed by your rockets".  Of course you would because you respect
international boundaries like that long boundary line extending to the
Pacific.

What a bigoted ass!
Umm the correct spelling is "arse".
Oh yeah and dorayme is from Australia (like myself). Frankly I should
point out that we are not all from the US on this group.

Jani

dorayme said:
Umm the correct spelling is "arse".
Oh yeah and dorayme is from Australia (like myself). Frankly I should
point out that we are not all from the US on this group.

"They say things are done for the majority
Dont believe half of what you see and none of what you hear
Its like what my painter friend donald said to me
Stick a fork in their ass and turn them over, theyre done"

Lou Reed - Last Great American Wale

Jani

    Both spellings are correct.

--
   Chris F.A. Johnson, webmaster         <http://Woodbine-Gerrard.com>
   Author:

"ass" is more American English
"arse" is British

dorayme

sheldonlg said:
I said: "What country to you live in, dorayme? Let's say it is the
U.S.". Now, do you know what an "example" means? OK, lets say New
Zealong had been sending missiles at Sydney. Would you also, as dorayme
would", say: Please stop. We don't like our citizens being

You can always tell an earthling's knowledge, imagination and depth of
thinking by the conclusions it is prepared to leap to on the basis of
what evidence. You leap from me saying that Israel has not been exactly
a great international citizen as far as the UN is concerned (learn some
history sheldonlg) to that I would say it should just say "Please stop
firing rockets at us" to the Palestinians.

Dear o dear o dear o dear o dear o dear o dear o dear o dear o dear o
dear o dear o dear o dear o dear o dear o dear o dear o dear o dear o
dear o dear o dear o dear o dear o dear o dear o dear o dear o dear o
dear o dear o dear o dear o dear o dear o dear o dear o dear o dear o
dear o dear o dear o dear o dear o dear o dear o dear o dear o dear o
dear o dear o dear o dear o dear o dear o dear o dear o dear o dear o
dear o dear o dear o dear o dear o dear o dear o dear o dear o dear o
dear o dear o dear o dear o dear o dear o dear o dear o dear o dear o
dear o dear o dear o dear o dear o dear o dear o dear o dear o dear o
dear o dear o dear o dear o dear o dear o dear o dear o dear o dear o
dear o dear o dear o dear o dear o dear o dear o dear o dear o dear o
dear o dear o dear o dear o dear o dear o dear o dear o dear o dear o
dear o dear o dear o dear deary deary me.

Neredbojias

What country to you live in, dorayme? Let's say it is the U.S.
Canada has been raining missiles into North Dakota every day for
years. Of course you would say, "Please stop. We don't like our
citizens being killed by your rockets". Of course you would because
you respect international boundaries like that long boundary line
extending to the Pacific.

What a bigoted ass!

Now wait a minute! Many North Dakatans are Native Americans who
believe a missile is a holy totem-in-the-sky. They actually get kind
of elated, at least before the boom.

Neredbojias

The UN is a farce. It is basically nothing more than a propaganda
tool for the Muslim nations, since their number is quite large.
Thank goodness there is the Security Council where the US has a veto.

Many other nations are too afraid of being cut off from the precious
oil supply to stand up to them. Still others have a strong
anti-Semitic element in their constituency, and so say nothing.

Where is the condemnation of the arab groups that are terrorist and
are waging war on Israel (and its allies)? Where was the UN when the
chief terrorist appeared there in Army gear complete with guns? The
UN is almost useless. So, about the only thing the UN is good for is
UNESCO.
If I had my way I'd have the US pull out, spend that money here in
the
US, and tell them to relocate.

As for history, I don't have to READ about it. I have had it happen
in my lifetime. I remember the founding of the state of Israel. I
remember the Suez war, the Six Day War, the Yom Kippur War and much
more. I also thought they were crazy in giving away so much to Egypt
in order to have peace -- but I was wrong.

Israel has consistently only wanted peace and safe borders. The
Muslim manifesto has been "drive Israel into the sea".

How do I make the leap that you mention? Because you criticize
Israel for not listening to the UN (aka Arab propaganda machine) and
yet say nothing about the reasons why they had to undertake force.
Your silence on that account is deafening.

If the Arabs truly wanted peace, they could have it in virtually no
time (only the time needed to work out safe border arrangements).
That is evident from what happened with Egypt. The problem is that
the Arabs/Muslims/Palestinians only want the death of Israel, so the
conflict will continue.

The Jews have been persecuted since day 1, and in this case "Day 1" is
many centuries b.c. Furthermore, Jews basically _are_ Arabs, albeit
with a different religion. Ergo, the current conflict is just a family
squabble and gentiles should probably just stay out of it.

dorayme

sheldonlg said:
As for history, I don't have to READ about it. I have had it happen in
my lifetime. I remember the founding of the state of Israel. I
remember the Suez war, the Six Day War, the Yom Kippur War and much
more.

Yes, you do have to read about it. If you do not want to read scholars
from all over the world, read scholars from within Israel, where some of
the most acute analyses have been made. You are most definitely
misinformed. You have swallowed the biased accounts in newspapers and
TV. Your remarks about muslim propaganda are simply laughable, given
your deafening silence on the propaganda machine for the Israelis.

Before saying another thing, please go buy and read:

<http://www.amazon.co.uk/Gun-Olive-Branch-David-Hirst/dp/0571219454>

and after you show intelligent comprehension (not necessarily agreement)
with the contents, I will take you through some further reading.

Let us not argue further sheldonlg, please! I will help you as much as
possible, but stop talking, and be as a humble freshman lucky to have
gotten into my class on this topic. You have your work before you. Go to
it.

DLU

Neredbojias said:
On 02 Jan 2009, sheldonlg <sheldonlg> wrote:
The Jews have been persecuted since day 1, and in this case "Day 1" is
many centuries b.c. Furthermore, Jews basically _are_ Arabs, albeit
with a different religion. Ergo, the current conflict is just a family
squabble and gentiles should probably just stay out of it.
Well that is not exactly a fact. The Jews were in fact a militaristic
society at time in the past. The Hasmoneans were quite a force and the
Maccabees who liberated the temple from the Seleucid Empire were noted
for their militarism.
The Romans allowed the Jews to practice their religion as it was
considered an ancient religion. However the Jews could not leave well
enough alone. Their right wing refused to give in to Roman customs and
this made the Romans consider them subversives. Not paying homage to the
Roman gods would bring down the wrath of the gods. It was not real
smart to get the Romans mad at you in those days.

There were times the Jews were the persecutors.
Today Israel controls all aspects of life in Gaza as they have for 50
year. All they are doing is causing another generation of Palestinians
to hate them. Another generation that has nothing to look forward to in
their lifetimes, so if they have the chance, they will be more than
willing to blow up a Jew or two. Today the toll was four Jews killed,
and 400 Palestinians. A little history will reveal who else used to
practice this kind of retribution. Israel has two choices, kill all the
Palestinians or find a way to make peace. We can not know the real
state of things as Israel which calls itself a Democracy does not allow
the press to se for themselves what is actually going on. Television in
Israel is controlled by the government and news is censored. The
propaganda machine is set up to brand anyone who criticizes them as
anti-semitic. If the US stopped its financial support of Israel it
would collapse. If the Arab countries wanted, they could shut of
Israel's oil supplies.

--