The Isaerli Government believes they need a "Firefox Version"!

Discussion in 'HTML' started by David Segall, Jan 1, 2009.

  1. David Segall

    David Segall Guest

    I have reproduced my email correspondence with the Israeli Ministry of
    Foreign Affairs below. I am dumbfounded so perhaps someone could help
    me with a response that would convince them that the aim is to produce
    correct HTML and that they don't need a version for each browser.

    These guys are "precision bombing" their neighbours and are part of
    the "Star Wars" project <http://tinyurl.com/beafraid>.
    Thank you for contacting us.

    Our Firefox version is currently in its Beta phase, and should be up
    shortly.

    Information and Internet Department
    Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Jerusalem

    David Segall, Jan 1, 2009

  2. David Segall

    richard Guest

    On Thu, 01 Jan 2009 13:22:38 GMT, David Segall <>
    wrote:

    >I have reproduced my email correspondence with the Israeli Ministry of
    >Foreign Affairs below. I am dumbfounded so perhaps someone could help
    >me with a response that would convince them that the aim is to produce
    >correct HTML and that they don't need a version for each browser.
    >
    >These guys are "precision bombing" their neighbours and are part of
    >the "Star Wars" project <http://tinyurl.com/beafraid>.

    Dude, you're trying to educate people who have done the same things
    "their way" for 4,000 years. It ain't gonna happen.

    Have you ever validated sites owned by major corporations right here
    in the USA and laughed at the thousands of errors?
    Like I've seen people try to invent their own html coding that never
    existed.

    Here's an example from downloads.com

    Line 110, Column 28: there is no attribute "section".

    Just one of 221 errors and 76 warnings.

    These guys are getting paid big bucks for dumping out garbage?
    Where do I apply?
    I'll do it for half their pay.

    richard, Jan 1, 2009

  3. David Segall

    dorayme Guest

    In article <>,
    David Segall <> wrote:

    > Ideally, your web site should comply with W3C standards.

    You expect a government that has respected almost no international
    standard (unless it happens to suit them anyway) from 1948 onwards to
    take notice of the W3C? You have been watching too many movies, David.
    Get real!

    --
    dorayme

    dorayme, Jan 1, 2009
  4. David Segall

    dorayme Guest

    In article <>,
    richard <> wrote:

    > These guys are getting paid big bucks for dumping out garbage?
    > Where do I apply?
    > I'll do it for half their pay.

    Tell them a quarter (I will personally pay you the other half of the
    half you will accept -quarter - because I am desperate to see the result)

    --
    dorayme

    dorayme, Jan 1, 2009
  5. David Segall

    DLU Guest

    dorayme wrote:
    > In article <>,
    > David Segall <> wrote:
    >
    >> Ideally, your web site should comply with W3C standards.

    > You expect a government that has respected almost no international
    > standard (unless it happens to suit them anyway) from 1948 onwards to
    > take notice of the W3C? You have been watching too many movies, David.
    > Get real!

    They need 13 males over the age of 13 to sit around and discuss the
    implications of HTML and its relation to the Dead Sea Scrolls.
    Then they need several versions in order to decide which one is the most
    moral. After that, it can be sent to the Sanhedrin who will spend
    another ten years or so debating its place in the moral scheme of things.

    --
    ***************************************
    * This is the Spammish Inquisition *

    DLU, Jan 2, 2009
  6. David Segall

    dorayme Guest

    In article <13dfa$495d9488$439f9013$>,
    DLU <> wrote:

    > dorayme wrote:
    > > In article <>,
    > > David Segall <> wrote:
    > >
    > >> Ideally, your web site should comply with W3C standards.

    > > You expect a government that has respected almost no international
    > > standard (unless it happens to suit them anyway) from 1948 onwards to
    > > take notice of the W3C? You have been watching too many movies, David.
    > > Get real!
    > >

    > They need 13 males over the age of 13 to sit around and discuss the
    > implications of HTML and its relation to the Dead Sea Scrolls.
    > Then they need several versions in order to decide which one is the most
    > moral. After that, it can be sent to the Sanhedrin who will spend
    > another ten years or so debating its place in the moral scheme of things.

    Still, on some things, a Rabbi, alone, can be very decisive:

    <http://dorayme.netweaver.com.au/jokes/is_sex_work.html>

    --
    dorayme

    dorayme, Jan 2, 2009
  7. David Segall

    asdf Guest

    "dorayme" <> wrote in message
    > In article <13dfa$495d9488$439f9013$>,
    > DLU <> wrote:
    >
    >> dorayme wrote:

    >> > You expect a government that has respected almost no international
    >> > standard (unless it happens to suit them anyway) from 1948 onwards to
    >> > take notice of the W3C? You have been watching too many movies, David.
    >> > Get real!
    >> >

    >> They need 13 males over the age of 13 to sit around and discuss the
    >> implications of HTML and its relation to the Dead Sea Scrolls.
    >> Then they need several versions in order to decide which one is the most
    >> moral. After that, it can be sent to the Sanhedrin who will spend
    >> another ten years or so debating its place in the moral scheme of things.

    > Still, on some things, a Rabbi, alone, can be very decisive:
    >
    > <http://dorayme.netweaver.com.au/jokes/is_sex_work.html>
    >
    > --
    > dorayme

    ok... that one's a 10 :)

    asdf, Jan 2, 2009
  8. David Segall

    Jani Guest

    On 2 Jan., 05:45, dorayme <> wrote:
    > In article <13dfa$495d9488$439f9013$>,
    >
    >  DLU <> wrote:
    > > dorayme wrote:

    > > > You expect a government that has respected almost no international
    > > > standard (unless it happens to suit them anyway) from 1948 onwards to
    > > > take notice of the W3C? You have been watching too many movies, David..
    > > > Get real!

    > > They need 13 males over the age of 13 to sit around and discuss the
    > > implications of HTML and its relation to the Dead Sea Scrolls.
    > > Then they need several versions in order to decide which one is the most
    > > moral. After that, it can be sent to the Sanhedrin who will spend
    > > another ten years or so debating its place in the moral scheme of things.

    > Still, on some things, a Rabbi, alone, can be very decisive:
    >
    > <http://dorayme.netweaver.com.au/jokes/is_sex_work.html>
    >
    > --
    > dorayme

    Ahh - because of that it is allowed to run any sexy page 24/7 a week.

    Jani, Jan 2, 2009
  9. David Segall

    Chaddy2222 Guest

    On Jan 2, 7:31 am, dorayme <> wrote:
    > In article <>,
    >  David Segall <> wrote:
    >
    > > Ideally, your web site should comply with W3C standards.

    > You expect a government that has respected almost no international
    > standard (unless it happens to suit them anyway) from 1948 onwards to
    > take notice of the W3C? You have been watching too many movies, David.
    > Get real!

    Yeah. Why would they even bother, they are too busy ignoring what
    every other Government tells them to do.

    Chaddy2222, Jan 2, 2009
  10. David Segall

    Gordon Levi Guest

    sheldonlg <sheldonlg> wrote:

    >dorayme wrote:
    >> In article <>,
    >> David Segall <> wrote:
    >>
    >>> Ideally, your web site should comply with W3C standards.

    >> You expect a government that has respected almost no international
    >> standard (unless it happens to suit them anyway) from 1948 onwards to
    >> take notice of the W3C? You have been watching too many movies, David.
    >> Get real!
    >>

    >What country to you live in, dorayme? Let's say it is the U.S. Canada
    >has been raining missiles into North Dakota every day for years. Of
    >course you would say, "Please stop. We don't like our citizens being
    >killed by your rockets". Of course you would because you respect
    >international boundaries like that long boundary line extending to the
    >Pacific.

    But there is no international boundary between Gaza and Israel. What
    would the U.S. Commander in Chief do if the rockets were coming from
    Puerto Rico given that he is the chief of state of Puerto Rico? The
    Israeli Defence Force is also Gaza's defence force.

    Gordon Levi, Jan 2, 2009
  11. David Segall

    Chaddy2222 Guest

    On Jan 3, 12:24 am, sheldonlg <sheldonlg> wrote:
    > dorayme wrote:
    > > In article <>,
    > >  David Segall <> wrote:

    > >> Ideally, your web site should comply with W3C standards.

    > > You expect a government that has respected almost no international
    > > standard (unless it happens to suit them anyway) from 1948 onwards to
    > > take notice of the W3C? You have been watching too many movies, David.
    > > Get real!

    > What country to you live in, dorayme?  Let's say it is the U.S.  Canada
    > has been raining missiles into North Dakota every day for years.  Of
    > course you would say, "Please stop.  We don't like our citizens being
    > killed by your rockets".  Of course you would because you respect
    > international boundaries like that long boundary line extending to the
    > Pacific.
    >
    > What a bigoted ass!

    Umm the correct spelling is "arse".
    Oh yeah and dorayme is from Australia (like myself). Frankly I should
    point out that we are not all from the US on this group.

    Chaddy2222, Jan 2, 2009
  12. David Segall

    Jani Guest

    On 2 Jan., 15:01, Chaddy2222 <>
    wrote:
    > On Jan 3, 12:24 am, sheldonlg <sheldonlg> wrote:
    >
    > > dorayme wrote:

    > > > You expect a government that has respected almost no international
    > > > standard (unless it happens to suit them anyway) from 1948 onwards to
    > > > take notice of the W3C? You have been watching too many movies, David..
    > > > Get real!

    > > What country to you live in, dorayme?  Let's say it is the U.S.  Canada
    > > has been raining missiles into North Dakota every day for years.  Of
    > > course you would say, "Please stop.  We don't like our citizens being
    > > killed by your rockets".  Of course you would because you respect
    > > international boundaries like that long boundary line extending to the
    > > Pacific.

    > > What a bigoted ass!

    > Umm the correct spelling is "arse".
    > Oh yeah and dorayme is from Australia (like myself). Frankly I should
    > point out that we are not all from the US on this group.
    > --
    > Regards Chad.http://freewebdesignonline.org

    "They say things are done for the majority
    Dont believe half of what you see and none of what you hear
    Its like what my painter friend donald said to me
    Stick a fork in their ass and turn them over, theyre done"

    Lou Reed - Last Great American Wale

    Jani, Jan 2, 2009
  13. On 2009-01-02, Chaddy2222 wrote:
    > On Jan 3, 12:24 am, sheldonlg <sheldonlg> wrote:

    >> What a bigoted ass!

    > Umm the correct spelling is "arse".

    Both spellings are correct.

    Author:

    Chris F.A. Johnson, Jan 2, 2009
  14. David Segall

    Jani Guest

    On 2 Jan., 19:02, "Chris F.A. Johnson" <> wrote:
    > On 2009-01-02, Chaddy2222 wrote:
    > > On Jan 3, 12:24 am, sheldonlg <sheldonlg> wrote:

    > >> What a bigoted ass!

    > > Umm the correct spelling is "arse".

    >     Both spellings are correct.
    >
    > --
    >    Chris F.A. Johnson, webmaster         <http://Woodbine-Gerrard.com>
    >    ===================================================================
    >    Author:
    >    Shell Scripting Recipes: A Problem-Solution Approach (2005, Apress)

    "ass" is more American English
    "arse" is British

    Jani, Jan 2, 2009
  15. David Segall

    dorayme Guest

    In article <>,
    sheldonlg <sheldonlg> wrote:

    > I said: "What country to you live in, dorayme? Let's say it is the
    > U.S.". Now, do you know what an "example" means? OK, lets say New
    > Zealong had been sending missiles at Sydney. Would you also, as dorayme
    > would", say: Please stop. We don't like our citizens being
    > >> killed by your rockets". Suuuure your would.

    You can always tell an earthling's knowledge, imagination and depth of
    thinking by the conclusions it is prepared to leap to on the basis of
    what evidence. You leap from me saying that Israel has not been exactly
    a great international citizen as far as the UN is concerned (learn some
    history sheldonlg) to that I would say it should just say "Please stop
    firing rockets at us" to the Palestinians.

    Dear o dear o dear o dear o dear o dear o dear o dear o dear o dear o
    dear o dear o dear o dear o dear o dear o dear o dear o dear o dear o
    dear o dear o dear o dear o dear o dear o dear o dear o dear o dear o
    dear o dear o dear o dear o dear o dear o dear o dear o dear o dear o
    dear o dear o dear o dear o dear o dear o dear o dear o dear o dear o
    dear o dear o dear o dear o dear o dear o dear o dear o dear o dear o
    dear o dear o dear o dear o dear o dear o dear o dear o dear o dear o
    dear o dear o dear o dear o dear o dear o dear o dear o dear o dear o
    dear o dear o dear o dear o dear o dear o dear o dear o dear o dear o
    dear o dear o dear o dear o dear o dear o dear o dear o dear o dear o
    dear o dear o dear o dear o dear o dear o dear o dear o dear o dear o
    dear o dear o dear o dear o dear o dear o dear o dear o dear o dear o
    dear o dear o dear o dear deary deary me.

    --
    dorayme

    dorayme, Jan 2, 2009
  16. David Segall

    Neredbojias Guest

    On 02 Jan 2009, sheldonlg <sheldonlg> wrote:

    > dorayme wrote:
    >> In article <>,
    >> David Segall <> wrote:
    >>
    >>> Ideally, your web site should comply with W3C standards.

    >> You expect a government that has respected almost no international
    >> standard (unless it happens to suit them anyway) from 1948 onwards
    >> to take notice of the W3C? You have been watching too many movies,
    >> David. Get real!
    >>

    > What country to you live in, dorayme? Let's say it is the U.S.
    > Canada has been raining missiles into North Dakota every day for
    > years. Of course you would say, "Please stop. We don't like our
    > citizens being killed by your rockets". Of course you would because
    > you respect international boundaries like that long boundary line
    > extending to the Pacific.
    >
    > What a bigoted ass!

    Now wait a minute! Many North Dakatans are Native Americans who
    believe a missile is a holy totem-in-the-sky. They actually get kind
    of elated, at least before the boom.

    --
    Neredbojias
    http://www.neredbojias.org/

    Neredbojias, Jan 2, 2009
  17. David Segall

    Neredbojias Guest

    On 02 Jan 2009, sheldonlg <sheldonlg> wrote:

    > The UN is a farce. It is basically nothing more than a propaganda
    > tool for the Muslim nations, since their number is quite large.
    > Thank goodness there is the Security Council where the US has a veto.
    >
    > Many other nations are too afraid of being cut off from the precious
    > oil supply to stand up to them. Still others have a strong
    > anti-Semitic element in their constituency, and so say nothing.
    >
    > Where is the condemnation of the arab groups that are terrorist and
    > are waging war on Israel (and its allies)? Where was the UN when the
    > chief terrorist appeared there in Army gear complete with guns? The
    > UN is almost useless. So, about the only thing the UN is good for is
    > UNESCO.
    > If I had my way I'd have the US pull out, spend that money here in
    > the
    > US, and tell them to relocate.
    >
    > As for history, I don't have to READ about it. I have had it happen
    > in my lifetime. I remember the founding of the state of Israel. I
    > remember the Suez war, the Six Day War, the Yom Kippur War and much
    > more. I also thought they were crazy in giving away so much to Egypt
    > in order to have peace -- but I was wrong.
    >
    > Israel has consistently only wanted peace and safe borders. The
    > Muslim manifesto has been "drive Israel into the sea".
    >
    > How do I make the leap that you mention? Because you criticize
    > Israel for not listening to the UN (aka Arab propaganda machine) and
    > yet say nothing about the reasons why they had to undertake force.
    > Your silence on that account is deafening.
    >
    > If the Arabs truly wanted peace, they could have it in virtually no
    > time (only the time needed to work out safe border arrangements).
    > That is evident from what happened with Egypt. The problem is that
    > the Arabs/Muslims/Palestinians only want the death of Israel, so the
    > conflict will continue.

    The Jews have been persecuted since day 1, and in this case "Day 1" is
    many centuries b.c. Furthermore, Jews basically _are_ Arabs, albeit
    with a different religion. Ergo, the current conflict is just a family
    squabble and gentiles should probably just stay out of it.

    Neredbojias, Jan 2, 2009
  18. David Segall

    Neredbojias Guest

    On 02 Jan 2009, Jani <> wrote:

    >> > Umm the correct spelling is "arse".

    >>     Both spellings are correct.
    >>
    >> --
    >>    Chris F.A. Johnson, webmaster         <http://Woodbine-Ger

    > rard.com>
    >>    ======================

    > ============================================>    Author:
    >>    Shell Scripting Recipes: A Problem-Solution Approach (2005, Apress

    > )
    >
    > "ass" is more American English
    > "arse" is British

    So what's "aus"? ...Oh, I get it.

    Neredbojias, Jan 2, 2009
  19. David Segall

    dorayme Guest

    In article <>,
    sheldonlg <sheldonlg> wrote:

    > As for history, I don't have to READ about it. I have had it happen in
    > my lifetime. I remember the founding of the state of Israel. I
    > remember the Suez war, the Six Day War, the Yom Kippur War and much
    > more.

    Yes, you do have to read about it. If you do not want to read scholars
    from all over the world, read scholars from within Israel, where some of
    the most acute analyses have been made. You are most definitely
    misinformed. You have swallowed the biased accounts in newspapers and
    TV. Your remarks about muslim propaganda are simply laughable, given
    your deafening silence on the propaganda machine for the Israelis.

    Before saying another thing, please go buy and read:

    <http://www.amazon.co.uk/Gun-Olive-Branch-David-Hirst/dp/0571219454>

    and after you show intelligent comprehension (not necessarily agreement)
    with the contents, I will take you through some further reading.

    Let us not argue further sheldonlg, please! I will help you as much as
    possible, but stop talking, and be as a humble freshman lucky to have
    gotten into my class on this topic. You have your work before you. Go to
    it.

    --
    dorayme

    dorayme, Jan 2, 2009
  20. David Segall

    DLU Guest

    Neredbojias wrote:
    > On 02 Jan 2009, sheldonlg <sheldonlg> wrote:
    >

    > The Jews have been persecuted since day 1, and in this case "Day 1" is
    > many centuries b.c. Furthermore, Jews basically _are_ Arabs, albeit
    > with a different religion. Ergo, the current conflict is just a family
    > squabble and gentiles should probably just stay out of it.

    Well that is not exactly a fact. The Jews were in fact a militaristic
    society at time in the past. The Hasmoneans were quite a force and the
    Maccabees who liberated the temple from the Seleucid Empire were noted
    for their militarism.
    The Romans allowed the Jews to practice their religion as it was
    considered an ancient religion. However the Jews could not leave well
    enough alone. Their right wing refused to give in to Roman customs and
    this made the Romans consider them subversives. Not paying homage to the
    Roman gods would bring down the wrath of the gods. It was not real
    smart to get the Romans mad at you in those days.

    There were times the Jews were the persecutors.
    Today Israel controls all aspects of life in Gaza as they have for 50
    year. All they are doing is causing another generation of Palestinians
    to hate them. Another generation that has nothing to look forward to in
    their lifetimes, so if they have the chance, they will be more than
    willing to blow up a Jew or two. Today the toll was four Jews killed,
    and 400 Palestinians. A little history will reveal who else used to
    practice this kind of retribution. Israel has two choices, kill all the
    Palestinians or find a way to make peace. We can not know the real
    state of things as Israel which calls itself a Democracy does not allow
    the press to se for themselves what is actually going on. Television in
    Israel is controlled by the government and news is censored. The
    propaganda machine is set up to brand anyone who criticizes them as
    anti-semitic. If the US stopped its financial support of Israel it
    would collapse. If the Arab countries wanted, they could shut of
    Israel's oil supplies.

    --

    DLU, Jan 3, 2009