The operation has timed-out.

garikaps

I am building a Windows Forms application to consume Webservices provided by
the jboss server. I used hte Windows WSDL.exe tool to generate the proxy
code. The proxy code file has been added to my windows forms aplication.
When the exposed webservice methods are called, application gives the timed
out error("The operation has timed-out."). Please help me out. This becomes
a big problem for me. There is no proxy between the client and server.

//Web Service method called like below
ClientConfigLocalService ccls = new ClientConfigLocalService();

string xmlConfig = ccls.getURLs("4545454");

//ClientConfigLocalService.CS (WSDL tool generated file)

----
// <autogenerated>
// This code was generated by a tool.
// Runtime Version: 1.0.3705.0
//
// Changes to this file may cause incorrect behavior and will be lost if
// the code is regenerated.
// </autogenerated>
----

//
// This source code was auto-generated by wsdl, Version=1.0.3705.0.
//
using System.Diagnostics;
using System.Xml.Serialization;
using System;
using System.Web.Services.Protocols;
using System.ComponentModel;
using System.Web.Services;

/// <remarks/>
[System.Diagnostics.DebuggerStepThroughAttribute()]
[System.ComponentModel.DesignerCategoryAttribute("code")]
[System.Web.Services.WebServiceBindingAttribute(Name="CasClientConfigSoapBin
ding",
Namespace="http://infra2a.hyd.deshaw.com:8080/jboss-net/services/CasClientCo
nfig")]
public class ClientConfigLocalService :
System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol {

/// <remarks/>
public ClientConfigLocalService() {
this.Url =
"http://infra2a.hyd.deshaw.com:8080/jboss-net/services/CasClientConfig";
}

/// <remarks/>
[System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapRpcMethodAttribute("CasClientConfig",
RequestNamespace="http://infra2a.hyd.deshaw.com:8080/jboss-net/services/CasC
lientConfig",
ResponseNamespace="http://infra2a.hyd.deshaw.com:8080/jboss-net/services/Cas
ClientConfig")]
[return: System.Xml.Serialization.SoapElementAttribute("getURLsReturn")]
public string getURLs(string in0) {
object[] results = this.Invoke("getURLs", new object[] {
in0});
return ((string)(results[0]));
}

/// <remarks/>
public System.IAsyncResult BegingetURLs(string in0, System.AsyncCallback
callback, object asyncState) {
return this.BeginInvoke("getURLs", new object[] {
in0}, callback, asyncState);
}

/// <remarks/>
public string EndgetURLs(System.IAsyncResult asyncResult) {
object[] results = this.EndInvoke(asyncResult);
return ((string)(results[0]));
}

/// <remarks/>
[System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapRpcMethodAttribute("CasClientConfig",
RequestNamespace="http://infra2a.hyd.deshaw.com:8080/jboss-net/services/CasC
lientConfig",
ResponseNamespace="http://infra2a.hyd.deshaw.com:8080/jboss-net/services/Cas
ClientConfig")]
[return:
System.Xml.Serialization.SoapElementAttribute("getServerVersionReturn")]
public string getServerVersion() {
object[] results = this.Invoke("getServerVersion", new object[0]);
return ((string)(results[0]));
}

/// <remarks/>
public System.IAsyncResult BegingetServerVersion(System.AsyncCallback
callback, object asyncState) {
return this.BeginInvoke("getServerVersion", new object[0], callback,
asyncState);
}

/// <remarks/>
public string EndgetServerVersion(System.IAsyncResult asyncResult) {
object[] results = this.EndInvoke(asyncResult);
return ((string)(results[0]));
}

/// <remarks/>
[System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapRpcMethodAttribute("CasClientConfig",
RequestNamespace="http://infra2a.hyd.deshaw.com:8080/jboss-net/services/CasC
lientConfig",
ResponseNamespace="http://infra2a.hyd.deshaw.com:8080/jboss-net/services/Cas
ClientConfig")]
[return:
System.Xml.Serialization.SoapElementAttribute("getObjectConfigReturn")]
public string getObjectConfig(string in0) {
object[] results = this.Invoke("getObjectConfig", new object[] {
in0});
return ((string)(results[0]));
}

/// <remarks/>
public System.IAsyncResult BegingetObjectConfig(string in0,
System.AsyncCallback callback, object asyncState) {
return this.BeginInvoke("getObjectConfig", new object[] {
in0}, callback, asyncState);
}

/// <remarks/>
public string EndgetObjectConfig(System.IAsyncResult asyncResult) {
object[] results = this.EndInvoke(asyncResult);
return ((string)(results[0]));

Jaya Misra

You can set the timeout value by ccls.TimeOut = 120000 ( for example)
Set the value that suits your need..