The underlying connection was closed: Unable to connect to the remote server

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Web Services' started by tony, Feb 23, 2007.

  1. tony

    tony Guest

    Hi.

    in my asp.net application, im try to use webservice that exist on my second
    computer (in diffrent place).

    when im try to connect to the web service i get an error :
    The underlying connection was closed: Unable to connect to the remote server

    this error means somthing wrong in the first computer (that refer to the
    webservice), or in the second computer (that hold the webservice) ?
    or it can be error on both ?

    the firewall setting, and port are all open.
    i even can user Remote Desktop Connection to the second computer, and also
    acces the web server and view asp.net pages in the second computer (from the
    first).

    any ideas will help, how to solve this error.

    thanking in advance.

    tony, Feb 23, 2007