    frustrating problem.

    Cordially,
    WFB
    WFB, Jan 28, 2004

  2. WFB

    Janaka Guest

    This seems to be a common problem because I have been experiencing this on
    several sites both on single servers and load balanced server setups.
    However, if you are having problems on a load balanced site I would advise
    first trying the solution from Microsoft for this
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;323744

    "WFB" <> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    >
    > I keep randomly getting this error: "The viewstate is invalid for this

    page
    > and might be corrupted". Ive searched the newsgroups and the web and

    havent
    > found anything that has fixed this. Is anyone else getting this error,

    and

    Janaka, Jan 28, 2004

  3. WFB wrote:

    > Hi,
    >
    > I keep randomly getting this error: "The viewstate is invalid for this page
    > and might be corrupted". Ive searched the newsgroups and the web and havent
    > found anything that has fixed this. Is anyone else getting this error, and
    > is there a fix somewhere that Im missing?
    >
    > More details:
    > Error only occurs in loadbalanced environment
    > Error can not be recreated on demand and seems entirely random.
    > Error is happening in more than one application
    >
    > Thank you very much for any help anyone can provide for this very
    > frustrating problem.

    Turn off EnableViewStateMac. The checksum is invalid across servers.
    General Protection Fault, Jan 28, 2004