The viewstate is invalid for this page and might be corrupted

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Jelle Huygen, Apr 29, 2004.

  1. Jelle Huygen

    Jelle Huygen Guest

    Hello,

    I have developped a webapplication and I keep on getting this error:

    Source: System.Web
    Method name: LoadPageStateFromPersistenceMedium
    Message: The viewstate is invalid for this page and might be
    corrupted.
    StackTrace: at System.Web.UI.Page.LoadPageStateFromPersistenceMedium()
    at System.Web.UI.Page.LoadPageViewState() at
    System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain()

    I've searched the groups but I can't find the solution.

    I have only one webserver (so no webfarm) and EnableViewStateMac is
    turned off for all of the pages.

    Has somebody an idea what the problem could be? Could this be a
    firewall or security problem?

    Kind Regards,

    Jelle Huygen
    Jelle Huygen, Apr 29, 2004

  2. You will need to review this
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;829743

    which involves installing this

    in order to get extra info. To get that you will need to creat e a support
    case

    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;en-gb;incidentsubmit

    Andy Mortimer [MS]
    Please do not send email directly to this alias. This alias is for
    newsgroup purposes only

    OR if you wish to include a script sample in your post please add "Use of
    included script samples are subject to the terms specified at
    http://www.microsoft.com/info/cpyright.htm"
    Andy Mortimer [MS], Apr 30, 2004