The viewstate is invalid for this page and might be corrupted

Leo Muller

Hi,

In order to overcome this viewstate problem in a web farm configuration, I
need to add a key to the machine.config file of my servers. What I did is to
add this to my web.config file:
<machineKey validationKey="111" decryptionKey="222" validation="SHA1"/>
(I made up the 111 and 222, in reality I managed to create valid keys)

But I still get the error.

My questions are:
1) Can I add this definition to the web.config file, or can this only be
done in the machine.config file?
2) Can there be another apparent reason for this error to occur (error is
not persistant)
3) Is there another way around? (like on error resume next...)

Thanks,

Leo Muller