Threats to the: Daily Python URL!

Paddy McCarthy

I sent the following this morning:

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Threats to the: Daily Python URL!
Date: Mon, 19 Apr 2004 07:50:04 +0100
From: Donald 'Paddy' McCarthy <[email protected]>
To: (e-mail address removed)

Hi,
I read your 'Administrative note' at http://www.pythonware.com/daily/ today

Please don't stop the excellent work that you do.
I don't know what threats and insults you suffered but I would like to
ensure you that I for one read the column and value it.

Thanks, Paddy.

Fredrik Lundh

Paddy said:
Please don't stop the excellent work that you do.
I don't know what threats and insults you suffered but I would like to
ensure you that I for one read the column and value it.

the daily URL won't go away. we'll continue to provide fresh links to
potentially interesting stuff for as long as we possibly can (if you want
old links, use google or gigablast).

and in the future, we'll just redirect abusive posts to /dev/null (and it's
up to us to decide what's abusive). no need to upset our readers just
because we got upset...

thanks /F

jmdeschamps

To: (e-mail address removed)

Hi,
I read your 'Administrative note' at http://www.pythonware.com/daily/ today

Please don't stop the excellent work that you do.
I don't know what threats and insults you suffered but I would like to
ensure you that I for one read the column and value it.

Thanks, Paddy.

I second the comment "Please don't stop the excellent work that you do."

My daily morning routine is such:
1- open e-mail
2- open Daily News (thanks again)
3- open comp.lang.python
4- open Dilbert...
That and coffee and the day gets on a roll...!

Jean-Marc

Nobody

Paddy McCarthy said:
I sent the following this morning:

Please don't stop the excellent work that you do.
I don't know what threats and insults you suffered but I would like to
ensure you that I for one read the column and value it.

Thanks, Paddy.

The people who would do that (threats and insults) should have their jobs
offshored.

Istvan Albert

Fredrik Lundh wrote:

the daily URL won't go away. we'll continue to provide fresh links to
potentially interesting stuff for as long as we possibly can (if you want
old links, use google or gigablast).

Great! I'm a big fan of the Daily Python URL.

But I wish there was an archive.

Many times I remembered something that I read there
but could not find it again. Regardless of that, thanks
for the excellent work

Istvan.

RichH

You are doing an excellent job. 'Daily Python' is the first
thing I read each morning.

Please keep up the great work!

Cheers,
Rich

Timo Virkkala

Nobody said:
The people who would do that (threats and insults) should have their jobs
offshored.

....preferably to the middle of the Pacific Ocean, with the employee with
the job. =)