Timeout in connection string

kant

stringA= "Provider=SQLOLEDB.1;Persist Security Info=False;User
ID=sa;PWD=password;Initial Catalog=DB;Data Source=127.0.0.1;Connect
Timeout=30"

stringB = "Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0; Data Source=" &
Server.MapPath("DB.MDB") & ";Connect Timeout=30"

Hi All,

I have use the above connection string in an ASP application, stringA with
SQL Server, it works!
stringB with MS ACCESS, it doesnt works if I add the "connect timeout"
parameter!!
How can I solve it!? so that I can set the connection timeout when I using
MSACCESS as Database
(I dont want to use ODBC connection).

Thx alot

Bob Barrows [MVP]

kant said:
stringA= "Provider=SQLOLEDB.1;Persist Security Info=False;User
ID=sa;PWD=password;Initial Catalog=DB;Data Source=127.0.0.1;Connect
Timeout=30"

stringB = "Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0; Data Source=" &
Server.MapPath("DB.MDB") & ";Connect Timeout=30"

Hi All,

I have use the above connection string in an ASP application, stringA
with SQL Server, it works!
stringB with MS ACCESS, it doesnt works if I add the "connect timeout"
parameter!!
How can I solve it!? so that I can set the connection timeout when I
using MSACCESS as Database
(I dont want to use ODBC connection).
What do you intend to gain by using that parameter. I'm not sure that
parameter is supported by the Jet provider. You can set the property
directly on the Connection object if you must have it:
set cn=createobject("adodb.connection")
cn.CommandTimeout=30

With an Access database, I really don't see what is being gained by the use
of this property.
Bob Barrows

Kant

Hi Bob,

I found the error happened in IIS setting but not DB connection timeout,
here is the error message, what should I modify the Server.scripttimeout !?
Thx

Error Type:
Active Server Pages, ASP 0113 (0x80004005)
The maximum amount of time for a script to execute was exceeded. You can
change this limit by

specifying a new value for the property Server.ScriptTimeout or by changing
the value in the IIS administration tools.

Kant

fixed...just click ths IIS setting menu, so silly....thx and pls ignore this
question.