    Any suggestions, why i doesn't stay active for 20 minutes?

    It redirect back to the login.aspx.

    Thanks for any suggestions.
    Richard Roche, Dec 30, 2003

  2. Richard Roche

    George Durzi Guest

    What's the expiration set to on the FormsAuthentication cookie?

    Annoying, but you actually have to set the timeout in several places:

    SessionState in web.config
    inside your <authentication> section in web.config also

    And if you're creating your cookie in code, there too.

    George Durzi, Dec 31, 2003

  3. Hi George Durzi,

    Thank you for using Microsoft Newsgroup Service. Based on your description,
    you want to know "What's the expiration set to on the FormsAuthentication
    cookie" since you want to set the expiration to a longer timespan.

    I think you can set the FormAuthentication's coolie timeout in the ASP.NET
    web application's web.config file,
    with in the <Authentication> element, such as :

    <configuration>
    <system.web>
    <authentication>
    <forms name=".ASPXAUTH"
    loginUrl="logon.aspx"
    protection="all" <!-- Protection must be identical.-->
    timeout="900"
    path="/" > <!-- Path must have a compatible scope.-->
    </authentication>
    </configuration>

    Just change that "timeout" attribute.

    Please try out the suggestion. If you have any question on it ,please feel
    free to let me know.

    Steven Cheng
    Microsoft Online Support

    Get Secure! www.microsoft.com/security
    rights.)
    Steven Cheng[MSFT], Dec 31, 2003
  4. timeout - thank you

    that did it, thanks i appreciate your time.
    Richard Roche, Dec 31, 2003