to david bishop

Discussion in 'VHDL' started by dilou, Mar 30, 2006.

  1. dilou

    dilou Guest

    hi i have to implement a hopfield network with floating point numbers
    using ise foundation tool 6.3i but i haven't any package of floating
    point, it has any solution for this problem?thanks
     
    dilou, Mar 30, 2006
    #1
    1. Advertising

  2. dilou wrote:
    > hi i have to implement a hopfield network with floating point numbers
    > using ise foundation tool 6.3i but i haven't any package of floating
    > point, it has any solution for this problem?thanks


    http://www.eda.org/vhdl-200x/vhdl-200x-ft/packages/files.html
    but there were incompatibilities with ISE.
    Try ISE 8.1 or Quartus.

    -- Mike Treseler
     
    Mike Treseler, Mar 30, 2006
    #2
    1. Advertising

  3. dilou

    David Bishop Guest

    Mike Treseler wrote:
    > dilou wrote:
    >> hi i have to implement a hopfield network with floating point numbers
    >> using ise foundation tool 6.3i but i haven't any package of floating
    >> point, it has any solution for this problem?thanks

    >
    > http://www.eda.org/vhdl-200x/vhdl-200x-ft/packages/files.html
    > but there were incompatibilities with ISE.
    > Try ISE 8.1 or Quartus.


    You said it, I didn't.

    Hint on any Xilinx XST, comment out the divide routines.
    You can substitute the NR_ (Newton Raphson) ones from the float_alg_pkg
    for the divide routine if you really need it.

    David Bishop
     
    David Bishop, Apr 4, 2006
    #3
  4. dilou

    dilou Guest

    hi i don't understand this answer.....in my university, it has only the
    ise foundation 6.3i, it is possible to order from xilinx through my
    university a floating point package with a recent version of ise
    foundation?and will my design work with this specifications?

    dilou
     
    dilou, Apr 5, 2006
    #4
  5. dilou

    David Bishop Guest

    dilou wrote:
    > hi i don't understand this answer.....in my university, it has only the
    > ise foundation 6.3i, it is possible to order from xilinx through my
    > university a floating point package with a recent version of ise
    > foundation?and will my design work with this specifications?


    The floating point type looks like this:

    type float is array (INTEGER range <>) of STD_LOGIC;
    subtype float32 is is float (8 downto -23);

    ISE foundation 6.3 can now work with a negative index
    ISE 8.1 can.
     
    David Bishop, Apr 6, 2006
    #5
    1. Advertising

Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?

It takes just 2 minutes to sign up (and it's free!). Just click the sign up button to choose a username and then you can ask your own questions on the forum.
Similar Threads
  1. Richard

    David Graham

    Richard, Jul 3, 2003, in forum: HTML
    Replies:
    0
    Views:
    509
    Richard
    Jul 3, 2003
  2. John Benson
    Replies:
    4
    Views:
    325
    Steve Holden
    Nov 22, 2004
  3. David or Kien

    , Jun 4, 2009, in forum: C++
    Replies:
    0
    Views:
    288
  4. Matt Mower
    Replies:
    8
    Views:
    168
    Lucas Carlson
    Apr 21, 2005
  5. Matt Mower

    Is David Garamond still about

    Matt Mower, Jun 29, 2005, in forum: Ruby
    Replies:
    0
    Views:
    89
    Matt Mower
    Jun 29, 2005
Loading...

Share This Page