Toggle treeview visibility...

celoftis

Using VS2005, ASP.NET.

Check out the tree view on this page:
http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/system.web.ui.webcontrols.treeview.aspx

When you hover over the border between the two frames, a tooltip
displays: "Click and drag to resize. Double click or press 't' to
toggle visibility."

How can I implement this functionality? More specifically, I know that
I can use frames to get a treeview on the left and content on the
right... but how do I get the "Double click or press 't' to toggle
visibility" functionality to work?

Any pointers or code snippets would be greatly appreciated!

celoftis

Eric

If you View Source, there are javascript event handlers for the
doubleclick event and a few other events on that div. Search for
"Double click" to find them. Then you'll have to find the javascript
that is being called there - there are several script files being
included at the top of the page.

You can't really do that with ASP.NET on the server side, since that
would require a Postback.

celoftis

Eric,
Thanks for the info. I see the code in view source but of course the
javascript source is really what I'm missing.

Anyone have any suggestions on how to trap the 't' key that toggles the
visibility of the treeview? I suppose at this point I'm looking for
javascript or vbscript that will perform this funcition.