Tomcat Realm

twiggy182

Hi,

is it possible to implement authentication in Tomcat using an LDAP
server for passwords and using a JDBC connection for roles?

I have read-only access to an LDAP server that contains user
passwords, but I want specific access for differents section of my
site.

Do you have any idea that could help me?

Thanks

Manish Pandit

Hi,

is it possible to implement authentication in Tomcat using an LDAP
server for passwords and using a JDBC connection for roles?

I have read-only access to an LDAP server that contains user
passwords, but I want specific access for differents section of my
site.

Do you have any idea that could help me?

Thanks

Yes, it is. You need to extend JAASRealm and implement the
authenticate( ) method. You can then have a custom implementation to
return a GenericPrincipal with the user name and role(s). This realm
needs to be configured in server.xml - look up
http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-5.0-doc/realm-howto.html for more
information on doing that.

-cheers,
Manish