    site.

    Do you have any idea that could help me?

    Thanks

    twiggy182, Jul 23, 2007

  2. On Jul 23, 6:23 am, twiggy182 <> wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > is it possible to implement authentication in Tomcat using an LDAP
    > server for passwords and using a JDBC connection for roles?
    >
    > I have read-only access to an LDAP server that contains user
    > passwords, but I want specific access for differents section of my
    > site.
    >
    > Do you have any idea that could help me?
    >
    > Thanks

    Yes, it is. You need to extend JAASRealm and implement the
    authenticate( ) method. You can then have a custom implementation to
    return a GenericPrincipal with the user name and role(s). This realm
    needs to be configured in server.xml - look up
    http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-5.0-doc/realm-howto.html for more
    information on doing that.

    -cheers,
    Manish