Too many dropdowns on an ASP page

Nimi

My ASP page contains around 35 dropdown controls. If I try to open this page
from a Win98 OS , the dropdowns appear jumbled up. They overlap on each
other. However, this problem is not reported on any other Windows OS. Any
ideas please ??

Ray Costanzo [MVP]

Sounds to me like it's a browser issue. Try collecting a few more details
about what's going on, i.e. what browser, are you using CSS, is it just a
side effect of low resolution, etc. and then inquire in a related browser
group.

Ray at work

Bob Barrows [MVP]

Nimi said:
My ASP page contains around 35 dropdown controls. If I try to open
this page from a Win98 OS , the dropdowns appear jumbled up. They
overlap on each other. However, this problem is not reported on any
other Windows OS. Any ideas please ??

You will need to post this to an html newsgroup.

Bob Barrows

TomB

As a guess, I would suspect that it's more to do with screen resolution or
browser version than Win98.

Are you using styles to place the controls? Does the browser support the
stylesheets?

cc

On Thu, 14 Oct 2004 18:27:25 +0530, "Nimi" <[email protected]>
wrote:

I had the same problem...

If you pull that page up on Win 2000 it won't happen. I have read
that IE creates an object handle for every control on the
window.document, and Win98 has a limit in the stack (memory, or
something) that won't allow it to handle all these objects.

It's an operating system problem.