    from a Win98 OS , the dropdowns appear jumbled up. They overlap on each
    other. However, this problem is not reported on any other Windows OS. Any
    ideas please ??

    Nimi, Oct 14, 2004

  2. Sounds to me like it's a browser issue. Try collecting a few more details
    about what's going on, i.e. what browser, are you using CSS, is it just a
    side effect of low resolution, etc. and then inquire in a related browser
    group.

    Ray at work

    Ray Costanzo [MVP], Oct 14, 2004

  3. Nimi wrote:
    > My ASP page contains around 35 dropdown controls. If I try to open
    > this page from a Win98 OS , the dropdowns appear jumbled up. They
    > overlap on each other. However, this problem is not reported on any
    > other Windows OS. Any ideas please ??

    You will need to post this to an html newsgroup.

    Bob Barrows

    --
    Microsoft MVP - ASP/ASP.NET
    "NO SPAM"

    Bob Barrows [MVP], Oct 14, 2004
  4. Nimi

    TomB Guest

    As a guess, I would suspect that it's more to do with screen resolution or
    browser version than Win98.

    Are you using styles to place the controls? Does the browser support the
    stylesheets?

    TomB, Oct 14, 2004
  5. Nimi

    Guest

    On Thu, 14 Oct 2004 18:27:25 +0530, "Nimi" <>
    wrote:

    I had the same problem...

    If you pull that page up on Win 2000 it won't happen. I have read
    that IE creates an object handle for every control on the
    window.document, and Win98 has a limit in the stack (memory, or
    something) that won't allow it to handle all these objects.

    It's an operating system problem.

    >My ASP page contains around 35 dropdown controls. If I try to open this page
    >from a Win98 OS , the dropdowns appear jumbled up. They overlap on each
    >other. However, this problem is not reported on any other Windows OS. Any
    >ideas please ??

    , Oct 15, 2004
  6. Nimi

    Nimi Guest