Trace enabling in web config cause app. error

Gabor

Yestarday I post similar message, but I want to complete my observation.

I'm using forms authentication.

When <trace enabled="false"/> the app. runs normally.

When set to true, the application get an error after redirected to the
default.aspx from the login, and the trace page show the following error:

Trace Information
Category Message From First(s) From Last(s)
aspx.page Begin Init
aspx.page End Init 0,001624 0,001624
aspx.page Begin PreRender 0,319912 0,318288
aspx.page End PreRender 0,320124 0,000211
Unhandled Execution Error
at System.Web.UI.Control.BuildProfileTree(String parentId, Boolean
calcViewState)
at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain() 0,324925 0,004801

When trace enabled, the application give the error several times, but after
3-4 experiments, executes normally, but the trace shows only unsuccesfull
tries.

The number of unsuccessfull trying grows, as I set the requestLimit to
larger number. If I set this number to 1, the app. executes without error.

Can anybody explain this behaviour?

I'm using VS 1.0 on Windows XP.

Gabor

The key is in the error message.

When I set the requestLimit to lower number, or set to false, I don't get
the message, because the trace doesn't execute on the erroneous page.

The problems are:

Wich object on can't initialize?

Why on executes normally, when I disable tracing?

Thanks in advance

Gabor

Jacob Yang [MSFT]

Hi Gabor,

Would you please try to write a simple ASP.NET application to test if this
problem still exists? I want to check if it is an issue related to a
specific application or it is a problem of the asp.net framework. Thank you
for your understanding.

Best regards,

Jacob Yang
Microsoft Online Partner Support