Traceback not going all the way to the exception?

sert

I just got an exception and the traceback wouldn't go all the
way to the statement that threw the exception. I found that out
by using the debugger.

Contrast the traceback:

http://tinyurl.com/5xglde

with the debugger output (notice the arrow pointing to the last
statement the traceback showed and how the execution went on
beyond it):

http://tinyurl.com/3fjgrl

Is this a known issue or should I submit a bug report?

Terry Reedy

sert said:
I just got an exception and the traceback wouldn't go all the
way to the statement that threw the exception. I found that out
by using the debugger.

Contrast the traceback:

http://tinyurl.com/5xglde

with the debugger output (notice the arrow pointing to the last
statement the traceback showed and how the execution went on
beyond it):

http://tinyurl.com/3fjgrl

Is this a known issue or should I submit a bug report?

You forgot to specify which version of Python on which computer system.
I do not remember anything like this. You can search the items at
bugs.python.org. If no one explains this, I suggest a bug report.

Aaron \Castironpi\ Brady

I just got an exception and the traceback wouldn't go all the
way to the statement that threw the exception. I found that out
by using the debugger.

Contrast the traceback:

http://tinyurl.com/5xglde

with the debugger output (notice the arrow pointing to the last
statement the traceback showed and how the execution went on
beyond it):

http://tinyurl.com/3fjgrl

Is this a known issue or should I submit a bug report?

Could be you are re-raising an exception by hand instead of with the
bare 'raise' statement. Notice the difference in tracebacks shown
here:
.... try:
.... g()
.... except Exception, e: