    The problem that occurs looks something like this:

    0x00a502aa in ?? ()
    (gdb) bt
    #0 0x00a502aa in ?? ()
    Cannot access memory at address 0x0

    Which looks something like accessing a NULL pointer to me.

    The problem is finding the code that is causing this, so I can work around
    it (or fix it). Unfortunately, the script uses ZEO, ZODB,
    threading.Threads, and wx (my code is pure Python, though), and I'm having
    trouble creating a simple version that isolates the problem (I'm pretty sure
    it started happening when I switched from thread to threading, but I'm not
    sure why that would be causing a problem; I am join()ing all threads before
    this happens).

    Does anyone have any advice for tracking this down?

    Thanks!
    Tony Meyer

    Tony Meyer, Jun 25, 2005

  2. In message <>, Tony
    Meyer <> writes
    >I have (unfortunately) a Python program that I can consistently (in a
    >reproducible way) segfault. However, I've got somewhat used to Python's
    >very nice habit of protecting me from segfaults and raising exceptions
    >instead, and am having trouble tracking down the problem.

    Python Bug Validator, a flow tracer, is in beta. Should show you the
    program execution history, line by line, with variables, params and
    return codes and exceptions right up until the point the application
    dies.

    http://www.softwareverify.com

    Stephen
    --