Transactional cache with web application (JBoss Cache?)

Discussion in 'Java' started by DK, Mar 23, 2010.

  1. DK

    DK Guest

    Hi everyone,

    I'd like to use a transactional cache on a data source which is not a
    database. I'll probably have to write some sort of adapter to retrieve
    records.

    In a web application, I'd like to use the transaction capability of the
    caching system. When a page is requested, I'd like for all beans to be
    retrieved as part of a single transaction since I cannot control the
    order in which beans are accessed by the web framework (e.g. JSF). I
    _do_ want the transactional quality, though -- accessing a list of
    available items twice within a single page request must return the same
    values.

    I was thinking about using JBoss Cache. However, how do I integrate that
    with Tomcat? As I said, a single request is supposed to be processed as
    one transaction. When reading documentation Hibernate gets mentioned a
    lot, but I don't want to use a relational database.

    Maybe what I'm looking for is just a Tomcat / JBoss Cache configuration
    issue. But I have no idea where to start. I'd be grateful for some
    pointers or even a code example.

    Thanks in advance!

    DK, Mar 23, 2010