Treeview control with XML Example needed

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Blue Apricot, Dec 5, 2006.

  1. Blue Apricot

    Blue Apricot Guest

    Hello friendly people,
    I am on Day 2 of learniing ASP.NET. I am bored with watching videos,
    and want to "do something". In my current role as a Front End Designer
    making User Interfaces, I frequently custom make a "Windows Explorer
    Tree" in prototypes I design. Well, I see that there is a "Treeview
    control" built into ASP.NET 2.0! Hurray, this will make things easier
    -- when I figure out how to use it, that is.

    I need someone to point me to a tutorial that:

    1. explains how to use the Treeview control in Visual Web Developer
    2005 in great detail
    2. explains how to use it with an external XML file
    3. has all of the files necessary to complete the tutorial

    I have spent the last 2 hours looking at various "how-tos" on using
    this control that all come up short for one reason or another. Either
    they assume I know more than I do (this is Day 2 of learning,
    remember), don't include the files they are working with (no XML at
    all, for instance) or are so poorly written they are hard to follow.

    Thanks for any assistance,
    Blue Apricot 416
    Blue Apricot, Dec 5, 2006

  2. Blue Apricot

    Masudur Guest

    Blue Apricot wrote:
    > Hello friendly people,
    > I am on Day 2 of learniing ASP.NET. I am bored with watching videos,
    > and want to "do something". In my current role as a Front End Designer
    > making User Interfaces, I frequently custom make a "Windows Explorer
    > Tree" in prototypes I design. Well, I see that there is a "Treeview
    > control" built into ASP.NET 2.0! Hurray, this will make things easier
    > -- when I figure out how to use it, that is.
    >
    > I need someone to point me to a tutorial that:
    >
    > 1. explains how to use the Treeview control in Visual Web Developer
    > 2005 in great detail
    > 2. explains how to use it with an external XML file
    > 3. has all of the files necessary to complete the tutorial
    >
    > I have spent the last 2 hours looking at various "how-tos" on using
    > this control that all come up short for one reason or another. Either
    > they assume I know more than I do (this is Day 2 of learning,
    > remember), don't include the files they are working with (no XML at
    > all, for instance) or are so poorly written they are hard to follow.
    >
    > Thanks for any assistance,
    > Blue Apricot 416

    Hi :)

    Didn't you try walk through in your msdn help...
    well if you have msdn library on your local machine...
    try is go to your documentation and click on index ...
    and try search walkthrough ...
    under walkthrough ... you have asp.net walkthroughs...
    and then you will have treeview walkthrough...

    Thanks

    Masudur
    Kaz Software Ltd.
    www.kaz.com.bd