    *********************************
    The type or namespace name 'ControlDesigner could not be found
    public class MenuDesigner : ControlDesigner
    Paul, May 3, 2004

  2. Paul wrote:
    > I downloaded an example from the link provided, but seem to be missing an assembly or two.
    > The .NET stuff I have done has been in VB, not as familiar with C#, but have
    > done a lot of C programming. Thanks Paul.
    > Here are the errors, just wondering if you know what might be wrong?
    > *********************************
    > skmMenu Version 2.2
    > using System.Web.UI.Design; error the type or namespace name Design does not exist.
    > **********************************
    > The type or namespace name 'ControlDesigner could not be found.
    > public class MenuDesigner : ControlDesigner

    Paul, you need to add the System.Design.dll assembly to your project's
    Referneces.

    This FAQ describes compiling with VS.NET 2002:
    http://skmmenu.com/menu/FAQs.aspx#f4

    Also, there's an active forum for skmMenu users at:
    http://www.gotdotnet.com/Community/MessageBoard/messageBoard.aspx?id=5587

    (Over 335 posts on just skmMenu...)

    --

    Scott Mitchell