Trouble on creating a new web project - UNC share does not exist or you do not have access

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Simon Chung-Jen Chuang, Aug 23, 2003.

  1. Hello,

    While I tried to create a new web project in VS.NET, I got the following
    error message:
    "Unable to create Web project 'Portal'. The UNC share
    'E:\Project\Portal\Src\Web' does not exist or you do not have access."

    My server's OS is Windows 2000 Server. My steps are:
    In IIS:
    1. create a virtual directory 'Portal'. Its local directory is
    'E:\Project\Portal\Src\Web'.

    In VS.NET:
    2. in 'Add New Project' dialog box, select the followings and click 'OK'
    button.
    Project Types: Visual C# Projects
    Templates: New Project In Existing Folder
    Name: Portal

    3. in 'Create a New Project in an Existing Folder' dialog box, input the
    following and click 'OK' button.
    Folder location: http://localhost/Portal

    4. And then, VS.NET tell me the error message:
    "Unable to create Web project 'Portal'. The UNC share
    'E:\Project\Portal\Src\Web' does not exist or you do not have access."

    Can you help me to resolve the problem? I have tried for many days.

    Thank you very much,
    Simon
    Simon Chung-Jen Chuang, Aug 23, 2003

  2. Simon Chung-Jen Chuang

    Ken Schaefer Guest

    From your description, this seems to be the problem:
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;320265

    Cheers
    Ken

    "Simon Chung-Jen Chuang" <> wrote in message
    : Hello,
    :
    Ken Schaefer, Aug 23, 2003