Troubleshooting installing new package

Gheorghe Postelnicu

Hi,

I have Python 2.5 installed on WinXP and I am trying to install a new
package. I ran the setup.py build and I get the following message:

C:\packages\reedsolomon-0.1>setup.py build
running build
running build_ext
error: Python was built with Visual Studio 2003;
extensions must be built with a compiler than can generate compatible binaries.
Visual Studio 2003 was not found on this system. If you have Cygwin installed,
you can try compiling with MingW32, by passing "-c mingw32" to setup.py.

I have Visual Studio 2005 Express (the free one) installed. Is there a
way to specify an option to compile using that version of the
compiler?

Sorry for the silly question and thanks in advance for any helpful suggestions!

nickel_and_dime_2death

Hi,

I have Python 2.5 installed on WinXP and I am trying to install a new
package. I ran thesetup.pybuild and I get the following message:

C:\packages\reedsolomon-0.1>setup.pybuild
running build
running build_ext
error: Python was built with Visual Studio 2003;
extensions must be built with a compiler than can generate compatible binaries.
Visual Studio 2003 was not found on this system. If you have Cygwin installed,
you can try compiling with MingW32, by passing "-c mingw32" tosetup.py.

I have Visual Studio 2005 Express (the free one) installed. Is there a
way to specify an option to compile using that version of the
compiler?

Sorry for the silly question and thanks in advance for any helpful suggestions!

Hello, newbee here. I was looking for other solutions to other
problems. However, in my research for building wxPython I read from
the docs/build.html concerning the WIN crowd ...
--
If you woudl rather use a different version of VisualStudio
keep in mind that you'll also have to build Python and any other

So... did you build your Python2.5?? or did you install the binaries??
It makes a big difference.