Tumia the first Object-Oriented Internet Directory

Discussion in 'C++' started by Paka Small, Dec 31, 2011.

  1. Paka Small

    Paka Small Guest

    Hi,

    To my knowledge Tumia (http://www.tumia.org) is the first internet
    directory structured according to the object-oriented paradigm.
    Currently Tumia is in its baby years. To illustrate the object-
    oriented concept consider below "Navigate from Earth Global Warming
    2000 AD to Mitigating Solar Energy and Back" which is a specific
    scenario of the use case "Navigate to Related Tumia Instances".

    Scenario Navigate from Earth Global Warming 2000 AD to Mitigating
    Solar Energy and Back

    Precondition:
    The user has opened http://www.tumia.org .

    Scenario:
    1. The user selects the Tumia Class Climate Change.
    2. The system displays http://www.tumia.org/en/directory/en/earth_global_warming_2000_ad_p1.html
    3. The user selects the Related Instance Solar Energy.
    4. The system displays http://www.tumia.org/en/directory/en/solar_energy_p1.html
    5. The user selects the Related Instance Earth Global Warming 2000 AD.
    6. The system displays http://www.tumia.org/en/directory/en/earth_global_warming_2000_ad_p1.html

    I hope as software developers and OO and use case believers you'll
    find this example to be a promising use of object-orientation and of
    use cases in the functional analysis discipline of software
    development.

    I also hope it shows how important OO is not only in software design
    but in first instance in functional analysis and thus determining the
    domain classes of your software design and thus realising low
    representational gap.

    Kind Regards,

    Paka Small

    Paka Small, Dec 31, 2011