turn on personalization in ASP.net 2.0

Guest

Hello,
I am using membership and profile providers in my asp.net 2.0 website. Our
client uses a pre-compiled content management site and my code is added to
the site as user controls.
When i uploaded the new registration (createuserwizard) and login controls
along with web.config, I get the following error.
************
This application was precompiled with personalization turned off, but it
appears to have been turned on after the precompilation, which is not
supported.
************

The site does not give any errors if i use just the membership provider.
But, when i add a profile provider entry in web.config and add the custom
fields as parameters, i get this error.

I could not find any help on resolving this issue. Any help is appreicated.

Guest

Nandu,
Haven't run into this but the exception message is pretty clear. You need to
republish / recompile the site with Personalization turned on, and then
redeploy the files.
Peter