    ASP.NET version to 2.0.

    But not, even the simplest of ASPX page will not show in my browser
    (IE). What else do I need to change?

    pj, Aug 23, 2006

  2. Two things to look out for...

    1. Is the .Net Framework registered with IIS ?

    Try running aspnet_regiis -u
    from a command window in the .Net Framework directory :
    Drive:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727
    or
    Drive:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.1.4322

    That will first unregister ASP.NET with IIS

    Then, run aspnet_regiis -i
    to re-register it, and see if it works after that.

    2. Are you using Windows 2003 Server ?

    If you are, you need to explicitly allow ASP.NET to run.

    Open the IIS Manager and browse on the left to "Web Service Extensions".
    Then, go to the right-hand pane, select ASP.NET and click the "Allow"button.

    Juan T. Llibre, asp.net MVP
    asp.net faq : http://asp.net.do/faq/
    ===================================

    Juan T. Llibre, Aug 23, 2006

  3. pj

    pj Guest

    Thanks, now things work. I been having problems when I publish from
    Visual Studio 2005, the website errs, and does not like my web config
    file, create by VS 2005. Will this fix that as well? The err is
    debugging should be off, even though the web.config file shows it to be
    off.

    pj, Aug 23, 2006
  4. Possibly, but it might also be bad bits int he web.config.

    --
    Gregory A. Beamer
    MVP; MCP: +I, SE, SD, DBA

    Think Outside the Box!

    Cowboy \(Gregory A. Beamer\), Aug 23, 2006