    for practice programs that go along with what I'm learning. And if you can't
    help directly, maybe someone out there can point me towards somewhere that I
    can get help. ok, I've talked enough. Thank you all in advance.
    News, Sep 28, 2003

  2. After reading How to Think Like a Computer Scientist: Learning with
    Python, I suggest you start reading www.diveintopython.org or buy Python
    2nd edition from O'reilly's, the books VERY good. It teaches you
    almost everything from handeling strings to network connectivety. It
    even handels python's standard GUI toolkit TK.
    Geiregat Jonas, Sep 28, 2003

  3. News

    Ben Finney Guest

    On Sun, 28 Sep 2003 00:55:30 GMT, News wrote:
    > Hello. I've just started learning Python a few weeks ago. I'm using
    > the free "How to Think Like a Computer Scientist: Learning with
    > Python". I'm half-way through chapter 5 and I've been stumbling on a
    > few things.

    If there are parts of the tutorial that are gibing you problems, please
    point them out here. That way, you'll get comments that will help you
    understand them, and we'll be able to determine if the tutorial can be
    improved to avoid the confusion.

    --
    \ "One seldom discovers a true believer that is worth knowing." |
    `\ -- Henry L. Mencken |
    Ben Finney, Sep 28, 2003
  4. News

    Rene Pijlman Guest

    News:
    >I was wondering if anyone out there would be able to help me along with this.

    Sure, what seems to be the problem?

    --
    René Pijlman
    Rene Pijlman, Sep 28, 2003
  5. News wrote in article <6kqdb.146$>:

    > been teaching myself so far. I was wondering if anyone out there would be
    > able to help me along with this. Maybe help explain some things and give
    > me ideas for practice programs that go along with what I'm learning. And
    > if you can't help directly, maybe someone out there can point me towards
    > somewhere that I can get help. ok, I've talked enough. Thank you all in
    > advance.

    Another good reference would be the mailing list by the same name as your
    subject line. http://mail.python.org/mailman/listinfo/tutor

    BTW, the tutor list has been strangely silent for a few days. Anyone know
    what has happened?

    --
    Todd Stephens
    ICQ# 3150790
    Todd Stephens, Sep 28, 2003
  6. News wrote:
    > Hello. I've just started learning Python a few weeks ago. I'm using
    > the free "How to Think Like a Computer Scientist: Learning with
    > Python". I'm half-way through chapter 5 and I've been stumbling on a
    > few things. I've been teaching myself so far. I was wondering if
    > anyone out there would be able to help me along with this. Maybe help
    > explain some things and give me ideas for practice programs that go
    > along with what I'm learning. And if you can't help directly, maybe
    > someone out there can point me towards somewhere that I can get help.
    > ok, I've talked enough. Thank you all in advance.

    to be made for this.

    Daniel
    Daniel Dittmar, Sep 29, 2003