Tutor

News

Hello. I've just started learning Python a few weeks ago. I'm using the free
"How to Think Like a Computer Scientist: Learning with Python". I'm half-way
through chapter 5 and I've been stumbling on a few things. I've been
teaching myself so far. I was wondering if anyone out there would be able to
help me along with this. Maybe help explain some things and give me ideas
for practice programs that go along with what I'm learning. And if you can't
help directly, maybe someone out there can point me towards somewhere that I
can get help. ok, I've talked enough. Thank you all in advance.

Geiregat Jonas

After reading How to Think Like a Computer Scientist: Learning with
Python, I suggest you start reading www.diveintopython.org or buy Python
2nd edition from O'reilly's, the books VERY good. It teaches you
almost everything from handeling strings to network connectivety. It
even handels python's standard GUI toolkit TK.

Ben Finney

Hello. I've just started learning Python a few weeks ago. I'm using
the free "How to Think Like a Computer Scientist: Learning with
Python". I'm half-way through chapter 5 and I've been stumbling on a
few things.

If there are parts of the tutorial that are gibing you problems, please
point them out here. That way, you'll get comments that will help you
understand them, and we'll be able to determine if the tutorial can be
improved to avoid the confusion.

Todd Stephens

News wrote in article said:
been teaching myself so far. I was wondering if anyone out there would be
able to help me along with this. Maybe help explain some things and give
me ideas for practice programs that go along with what I'm learning. And
if you can't help directly, maybe someone out there can point me towards
somewhere that I can get help. ok, I've talked enough. Thank you all in
advance.

Another good reference would be the mailing list by the same name as your
subject line. http://mail.python.org/mailman/listinfo/tutor

BTW, the tutor list has been strangely silent for a few days. Anyone know
what has happened?

Daniel Dittmar

News said:
Hello. I've just started learning Python a few weeks ago. I'm using
the free "How to Think Like a Computer Scientist: Learning with
Python". I'm half-way through chapter 5 and I've been stumbling on a
few things. I've been teaching myself so far. I was wondering if
anyone out there would be able to help me along with this. Maybe help
explain some things and give me ideas for practice programs that go
along with what I'm learning. And if you can't help directly, maybe
someone out there can point me towards somewhere that I can get help.
ok, I've talked enough. Thank you all in advance.

to be made for this.

Daniel